Phanaton (5e Race)
Unofficial conversion of D&D Next monster
|“||Phanatons are shy and peaceful humanoids resembling a cross of raccoon, flying squirrel, and monkey. They have a simple culture in which the most capable members rule, and they are excellent woodcarvers. [They are] curious and affable...||”|
Some have described Phanatons' appearance as that of a lemur with skin-flaps between wrist and ankle that are used for gliding. Others have described them as "a cross of raccoon, flying squirrel, and monkey.".
Phanatons are generally friendly and happy. They typically live in small arboreal communities. Being omnivores, they both hunt game and garden. In general they are shy and very curious; and will seek to explore and understand everything in their territory.
|Curious and Affable
|Fey, Elves: Phanatons like fey and elves, and are generally liked in return.|
The phanaton's curiosity can wear on less light-hearted races.
Phanatons prefer an arboreal setting, making their homes in structures they build on platforms in the trees. "They have a simple culture in which the most capable members rule, and they are excellent woodcarvers."
Phanatons may become adventurers due to their curiosity getting the better of them, seeking to experience the wider world. They may have left a community because they could not get along with the rest of phanaton society. Or they may have been exiled, as too disruptive or dangerous to the community, or a crime against it.
|Ahda, Ajir, Anji, Asha, Bhur, Bhusa, Chira, Dahni, Danj, Duhl, Haba, Idha, Ini, Kasi, Kham, Lena, Lisi, Muz, Naji, Rabi, Rani, Sha, Tsab, Uba, Udar, Wij, Yama, and Zahra.|||
- Creature Type. Humanoid
- Ability Score Increase. Dexterity +2, Wisdom +1
- Age. Phanatons live to about the age of 40, maturing at about 5 years old.
- Alignment. A phanton may be of any alignment, but Chaotic Good is most common.
- Size. Phanatons are roughly the size of a halfling Your size is Small.
- Speed. Your base speed is 25 feet. They can also Climb 25 ft. and Fly 40 ft. (see Glide trait)
- Glide. Phantons can fly, but not ascend. When flying they descend 5 ft. for every 10 ft. flown horizontally. Phantons cannot glide if heavily encumbered.
- Stealthy. Phanatons have advantage on Stealth checks.
- Skilled. Phanatons are proficient in Survival and Artisan's Tools (Woodworking). They are also proficient in the use of nets in combat.
- Languages. You can speak, read, and write Common, Sylvan, and Elven.
Sources and Notes
- DnD Next Playtest Packet 20130128 Isle of Dread
|Ability Mods||Dex +2 + and Wis +1 +|
|Features||Age +, Alignment +, Size +, Speed +, Glide +, Stealthy +, Skilled + and Languages +|
|Identifier||5e Race +|
|Is Race||true +|
|Summary||Phanaton as a player character race +|