Short Blade (3.5e Martial Discipline)
Add your own Maneuver to Dungeons & Dragons Wiki by clicking the link and following the instructions.
Only goes up to seven levels, and the wording on some of them are atrocious.
If you would like to help improve the indicated sections, you may directly edit the page if allowed by editing restrictions. If editing restrictions ask that you not make needed changes, or you disagree with the application of this template to the article, please discuss the issues further on the talk page. If the reason behind placement of this template on the article is found to be inapplicable or wrong, or the issues prompting the call for additional work have been sufficiently addressed, the winter cleaning template will be removed. See Winter Cleaning for additional information.
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
The art of knife fighting has always been around always growing always evolving never stopping. Knife fighting was originally used to fight other people, but also simpler things like hunting. On the other hand the art of the short blade was only recently created. The art of the short blade was created by a group of traveling men who specialized in fighting with knives and would go around looking for fights with some of the best fighters ever. Of course over time they got better and better until they could no longer be defeated so they started to hand down their skills, and then those people handed them down and so forth. Now only people that are crazy enough to fight with weapons smaller then their forearms learn that true power isn't in the weapon its in themselves. Only knife masters can use maneuvers from this disciple. The Short Blade discipline's associated skill is Sleight of Hand, as it relies on gracefulness and legerdemain to gain the advantage. The associated weapons of the Short Blade discipline are the dagger, katar, tanto, jambiya, stiletto, kris, kukri, and hunting knife.
Game Mechanics of the Short Blade
Available To: Swordsage, Warblade
Discipline Weapons: Any light slashing or piercing weapon. - It's called Short Blade, what did you think would be used?
Saves: 10 + maneuver level + Dexterity
Legacy Weapon: Lightrazor
Maneuver Granting Item: Gloves of Short Blade
Discipline Feat: Knife Juggler
Tactical Feat: Bladestorm Whirlwind
Maneuvers of the Short Blade Discipline
- To see the full, expanded description of every maneuver, click here.
- Momentum Redirect: Counter — Using your opponents momentum you move them in the opposite direction
- One Whole: Stance — You treat your weapons as if they were one size larger.
- Reverse Grip: Boost — You reverse your grip briefly, throwing opponents off guard and giving you a little defensive benefit.
- Defensive Reflexes: Counter — Use slight of hand in place of AC against one attack.
- Rogue Training: Strike — Gain sneak attack for this one attack.
- Serrated Blade: Boost — With your blade you create a partially real illusion making your opponents minds do the hurting.
- Charging Strike: Strike — You charge at your foes and use that power to rips your opponents apart.
- Greater Sneak Attack: Boost — Occasionally you get a jolt of adrenaline allowing you too stab a person a second time before they notice.
- Wrist Cutter: Counter — Strike before they hit you, and cause them to drop their weapon in pain.
- Assassins Kiss: Stance — Gain sneak attack, and bleed out your opponents.
- Hidden Blade: Strike — Attack with a hidden or sheathed weapon as an immediate action.
- Under A Tack: Strike — Pin your opponent to a wall and keep them from moving.
- Animilistic Frenzy: Strike — You charge your opponent then shred him.
- Critical Threat: Boost — Sometimes you just hit a little more accurately then others.
- Killer Instinct: Stance — You can sense the things around you and are a really ferocious beast.
- Amazing Flourish: Strike — You distract and stab at the same time. You distract your opponent with one blade stab them with the other and repeat...
- Shank: Strike — You get too proficient with a knife.
|Class||Swordsage + and Warblade +|
|Identifier||3.5e Martial Discipline +|
|Skill||Sleight of Hand +|
|Summary||Now only people that are crazy enough to fight with weapons smaller then their forearms learn that true power isn't in the weapon its in themselves. Only knife masters can use maneuvers from this disciple. +|
|Title||Short Blade +|
|Weapon||Any light slashing or piercing weapon. +|