Speeder Ship (3.5e Monster)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
|Size/Type:||Medium(5x5x5/5 tons) Construct (Vehicle)||Large(10x5x5/10 tons) Construct (Vehicle)|
|Hit Dice:||3d12+10 (30 hp)||4d12+14 (40 hp)|
|Initiative:||As Pilot||As Pilot|
|Speed:||70' hover (Good)||90' hover (Good)|
|Armor Class:||12(base10+(pilot’s Dex)+0size+2natural), touch 10, flat-footed 12||13(base10+(pilot’s Dex)-1size+4natural), touch 9, flat-footed 13|
|Attack:||Laser Gun||FT15 Laser|
|Full Attack:||Laser Gun||FT15 Laser|
|Special Qualities:||Burst of Speed, Construct Traits, Powerful Build, Vehicle||Burst of Speed, Construct Traits, Powerful Build, Vehicle|
|Saves:||Fort +6, Ref As Pilot, Will As Pilot||Fort +7, Ref As Pilot, Will As Pilot|
|Abilities:||Str 20, Dex As Pilot, Con —, Int As Pilot, Wis As Pilot, Cha As Pilot||Str 24, Dex As Pilot, Con —, Int As Pilot, Wis As Pilot, Cha As Pilot|
|Skills:||As Pilot||As Pilot|
|Organization:||2-4, usually found with scarab||1-2, usually found with scarabs|
|Alignment:||True Neutral||True Neutral|
All numbers derived from this, except AC.
Description: A small vehicle that hovers across the ground.
Standard Ship Features (Ex): All speeder ships possess the following features:
- Powerful Build: In many ways the speeder ship is treated as if it was one size category larger. Whenever an it is subject to a size modifier or special size modifier for an opposed check (such as during a grapple, bull rush, overrun or trip), the ship is treated as one size larger. The ship is also considered to be one size larger when determining whether a creature’s special attacks based on size (such as improved grab or swallow whole) can affect it. The speeder can use weapons designed for a creature one size larger without penalty (although it possesses no hands to achieve this). However, its space and reach remain those of a creature of its actual size. The benefit stacks with the effects of powers, abilities, and spells that change the subject’s size category.
- Sensors: A ships' sensors give its pilots a +6 competence bonus to Listen, Search and Spot checks and allow it to make such checks in reaction to anything within range of the ship’s sight, regardless of direction or awareness and as long as the pilot or vehicle has line of effect. At a successful check against a creature or object, the pilot becomes immediately aware of it.
- Craft (Xeno-): Creatures with the craft (xeno-mech) skill can craft speeder ships.
- Costs: The speeder costs 2700(I), 3200(II) gp.
- Vehicle: As a vehicle, the speeder ship has no mental or Dexterity scores of its own, but takes the scores of its pilot, as well as initiative and skills. To operate the speeder ship, one must enter and close the cockpit door as a full-round action, To operate the speeder ship, one must succeed a DC5 pilot check, to start the system as a move action. Once active, it remains active until you depart. Ships may have additional abilities listed below:
(Ignore, for table 5.)
Burst of Speed (Ex): As a swift action, the pilot can initiate a speed boost. This increases the speed of the icara by 30' and a +6 bonus to bull rushes for two rounds. Requires a 1d4+1 round cool-down.
|Alignment||True Neutral +|
|Author||Franken Kesey +|
|Challenge Rating||3 + and 4 +|
|Costs||2700(I), 3200(II) +|
|Identifier||3.5e Monster +|
|Level Adjustment||— +|
|Size||Medium(5x5x5/5 tons) + and Large(10x5x5/10 tons) +|
|Summary||A small vehicle that hovers across the ground. +|
|Title||Speeder Ship +|