Unseen Shackles (3.5e Martial Discipline)
Add your own Maneuver to Dungeons & Dragons Wiki by clicking the link and following the instructions.
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
The force of gravity serve as unseen shackles which bind us to the ground, which bind our planet to it orbit, which bind our sun into a slow fall toward a great attractor. It is invisible and unheard, yet it effect can be felt, seen and heard. The practitioner of this rare discipline seek to, at least temporarily, unbind the shackles and wield gravity itself as a weapon.
The origin of unseen shackles is somewhat cloaked in mystery, the concept the discipline is based around it can be traced to few scholars and other learned individual, however it first practitioner was a young psychic named Kristine Grimm, who discovered the discipline after observing a strange cosmic event of gravitational origin. She would leave the discipline untaught, it secret hidden deep within her notes, however it would later be rediscovered. This discipline is far removed from any temple disciplines, since Unseen Shackles came into being far after the temple's destruction. Unlike most discipline, it require existing magical to learn.
The wielder of Unseen Shackles are capable of altering their own personal gravity, create miniature gravitational events and as they delve deeper into the discipline, unlock more exotic concepts, like temporal dilatation and tidal forces.
- 1 Game Mechanics of the Unseen Shackles
- 2 Maneuvers of the Unseen Shackles Discipline
Game Mechanics of the Unseen Shackles
Available To: Any, although the would be initiator must be able to cast alter gravity. Then the initiator may trade a single discipline for the Unseen Shackles discipline.
Discipline Weapons: Unarmed Strike, gauntlets, flails, hammers, maces, all thrown weapons.
Saves: DC 10 + Maneuver Level + Intelligence modifier.
Legacy Weapon: Binary Nova
Discipline Feat: Gravity Wielder
Tactical Feat: Gravitomancer
Special: All maneuvers from Unseen Shackles are supernatural abilities, on the other hand they may be used even if the target is bound or otherwise immobilized as they require a purely mental effort to use.
Maneuvers of the Unseen Shackles Discipline
- To see the full, expanded description of every maneuver, click here.
- Gravity Slam: Strike — You make a ranged bull rush attempt, deal damage and knock prone if the subject travel into a hard surface.
- Jovian Steps: Stance — You gain stability and increased weapon damage while in this stance.
- Lunar Fall: Counter — You gain the ability to hyperjump and negate fall damage.
- Raise the Stakes: Boost — You pull a creature into the air for a brief instant.
- Unshackled Hands: Stance — You gain the ability to manipulate items at a distance and use your Intelligence instead of your strength for carrying capacity and damage with disciple weapons.
- Accelerated Impact: Strike — You use the power of gravity to alter your own momentum or the momentum of a projectile to strike hard and knock your foe off it feet.
- Concept of Momentum: Boost — You grant yourself or an ally the ability to move up to their speed, or more if they moved faster last round.
- Escape Velocity: Counter — You make an immediate attempt at escaping being entangled or grappled, using your intelligence and initiator level instead of your strength and BAB.
- Oberth Effect: Rush — You do not provoke for moving into a large or larger creature's reach and even gain a speed boost for doing so.
- Skyward Dive: Boost — You replicate the effect of updraftSpC.
- Strikedown Collision: Strike — You raise a target in the air, then smash them against the ground, dealing damage and falling damage.
- Accretion Disk: Stance — You raise an accretion disk made of dirt, sand or other debris. It grant you concealment and can be used as a weapon.
- Heavy Press: Strike — You crush your opponent with gravity, dealing damage and immobilizing it.
- Meteor Fall: Strike — You crash down at high speed from the sky, cratering the area or an unfortunate foe under you.
- Orbital Catch: Counter — You pick up a charging creature or ranged attack, and throw it back at higher speed.
- Personal Orbit: Stance — You have a personal gravity field which allow you to make object drift around you.
- Reverse Gaussian Flux: Counter — You deflect all incoming ranged attacks.
- Zero Gravity: Strike — You trap a creature in zero gravity, leaving them unable to move in most conditions.
- Gravitational Implosion: Boost — You move your foes toward a single point in space.
- Heavy Gravity Slam: Strike — You make a bull rush attempt and send a foe flying, deal heavy damage if it hit a surface.
- Orion Driver: Rush [Fire] — You create a small fireball which damage you and nearby creature to explosively travel at high speed.
- Unshackled Tethers: Stance — You gain a fly speed and you gain the ability to levitate other creatures.
- Vertigo Smasher: Strike — You pull your target into the air, spin it around and smash it against the ground, dealing damage and possibly nauseating it.
- Gravity Shackles: Boost — You force the struck creature to move at half speed and make them unable to take attack of opportunity.
- Interstellar Distortion: Stance — You create an area of difficult terrain and can make deadly gravitational distortions.
- Spatial Vertigo: Counter — You cause a single creature a bad case of nausea.
- Superheavy Impact: Strike — You greatly alter the momentum of your attack, sending a foe back and possibly stunning them.
- Doppler Shift: Boost [Time] — You teleport at long range then become hasted.
- Labyrinthine Rend: Strike — You cause random fluctuation in the target's personal gravity, tearing them apart and causing vertigo.
- Meteor Crash: Strike — You crash down at high speed from the sky, cratering the area or an unfortunate foe under you.
- Micrometeor Field: Counter — You create a field of micrometeors which protect you and allow you to deflect incoming ranged attack.
- Event Horizon: Strike — You cross time and space, replicating the effect of passage of the warp.
- Infinite Orbit: Counter — As orbital catch, except can be done multiple time over 1 round.
- Internal Quasar: Boost [Time] — You slow down your perception of time to a ridiculous degree, but become unable to move or do any non-mental actions.
- Planetary Gravity Smash: Strike — You make a bull rush attempt and send a foe flying, deal extreme damage if it hit a surface.
- Core Instability: Strike [Fire Force] — You cause tidal force to heat up and tear apart a creature with a touch, dealing force and fire damage,
- Grand Impact: Strike — You give incredible momentum to a single attack, causing large damage to many creatures and potentially stunning them.
- Shackle the Shackles: Stance — You assume the ultimate stance of the Unseen Shackles discipline.
- Temporal Dilatation: Boost [Time] — This powerful boost allow you or an ally to take an extra standard action.
- Gargantua's Embrace: Strike — You summon the power of a supermassive black hole to suspend your foes in the air and in time, before brutally smashing them against the ground.
|Article Balance||Very High +|
|Class||Any + and although the would be initiator must be able to cast alter gravity. Then the initiator may trade a single discipline for the Unseen Shackles discipline. +|
|Identifier||3.5e Martial Discipline +|
|Summary||A strange esoteric discipline about manipulating the forces of gravity. +|
|Title||Unseen Shackles +|
|Weapon||Unarmed Strike +, gauntlets +, flails +, hammers +, maces + and all thrown weapons. +|