Utility Ship (3.5e Monster)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
|Size/Type:||Deka(120x60x30/360 tons) Construct (Vehicle)||Gargantuan(20x10x5/40 tons) Construct (Vehicle)|
|Hit Dice:||15d12+152 (250(+90shield) hp)||8d12+48 (100 hp)|
|Initiative:||As Pilot||As Pilot|
|Speed:||50’, 200' fly (good), Hyperjump||None (attached to Hull)|
|Armor Class:||22(base10+(1/2pilot’s Dex)-14size+17natural+9deflection), touch +5, flat-footed 22||14(base10+(chief gunner’s Dex)-4size+4natural+4deflection), touch 10, flat-footed 14|
|Attack:||Three FT20 Defense System||Super Shield|
|Full Attack:||Three FT20 Defense System||Super Shield|
|Special Qualities:||Construct Traits, Powerful Build, Shield, Vehicle||Construct Traits, Powerful Build, Shield, Vehicle|
|Saves:||Fort +22, Ref As Pilot, Will As Pilot||Fort +13, Ref As Pilot, Will As Pilot|
|Abilities:||Str 34, Dex As Pilot, Con —, Int As Pilot, Wis As Pilot, Cha As Pilot||Str 22, Dex As Pilot, Con —, Int As Pilot, Wis As Pilot, Cha As Pilot|
|Skills:||As Pilot||As Pilot|
|Feats:||Far Shot||Far Shot|
|Organization:||4 pilots, 4 engineers||1 chief engineer, 3 regular engineers|
|Alignment:||True Neutral||True Neutral|
A utility ship can act like a powerful transport ship, a repair ship, a massive shield, or be used for citizen aid.
Description: A repair ship with a powerful shield that can defend other ships. Also a good transport ship.
Standard Ship Features (Ex): All utility ships possess the following features:
- Powerful Build: In many ways the utility ship is treated as if it was one size category larger. Whenever an it is subject to a size modifier or special size modifier for an opposed check (such as during a grapple, bull rush, overrun or trip), the ship is treated as one size larger. The ship is also considered to be one size larger when determining whether a creature’s special attacks based on size (such as improved grab or swallow whole) can affect it. The utility can use weapons designed for a creature one size larger without penalty (although it possesses no hands to achieve this). However, its space and reach remain those of a creature of its actual size. The benefit stacks with the effects of powers, abilities, and spells that change the subject’s size category.
- Sensors: A ships' sensors give its pilots a +6 competence bonus to Listen, Search and Spot checks and allow it to make such checks in reaction to anything within range of the ship’s sight, regardless of direction or awareness and as long as the pilot or vehicle has line of effect. At a successful check against a creature or object, the pilot becomes immediately aware of it.
- Craft (Xeno-): Creatures with the craft (xeno-mech) skill can craft utility ships.
- Costs: The utility costs 40,000 gp.
- Vehicle: As a vehicle, the utility ship has no mental or Dexterity scores of its own, but takes the scores of its pilot, as well as initiative and skills. To operate the utility ship, one must enter and close the cockpit door as a full-round action, To operate the utility ship, one must succeed a DC25 pilot check, to start the system as a move action. Once active, it remains active until you depart. Ships may have additional abilities listed below:
Complex Ship Features (Ex): All ships with multiple rooms possess the following features:
- XK20 Defense System: All utility ships have a FT20 Defense System (see page). This is placed on the rear of the ship.
- Shields: All utility ships have shields, granting them a +9 deflection bonus, 90 temporary HP, the shield regenerates 9 HP per round. The shield does not regenerate normal HP, only shield HP (damage to ship is not healed by this).
- Each room can be individually quarantined from the rest of the ship at the bridge or an engine room (bridge overrides engine rooms). Those inside any room have 100% cover from the rest of the ship possessing their own air cycling unit, rendering them immune to gaseous effects (outside the room). If the overall HP of the ship drops below 70%, each room can be attacked separately. If the bridge is destroyed, an engine room can act as a secondary bridge. However, the secondary bridge is inferior, and has a -4 penalty to attacks, saves and skills.
The utility ship has the following rooms:
- Bridge: Positioned in the front of the ship, with space for 5 humanoid pilots; the bridge has 40 HP.
- Engine Rooms(2): Has primary and secondary engines at different sections of the ship in case one goes out. The primary and secondary engines are on both sides of the hyper drive in the rear of the ship in two separate rooms. Each room needs an engineer to operate. Each engine rooms has 40 HP. If either engine room is below 70% HP, reduce speed to 2/3s; if below 50% reduce to 1/2.
- Hyper Drive: Positioned in the far rear of ship. Must have 1 engineer to operate; the hyperdrive is too internal to be directly targeted. The hyperdrive permits the ship to hyperjump. The bridge must be operational to go into a hyper-jump. The hyperdrive battery is powered by two FT11 cells.
- Gun Rooms: The utility has 0 gun room(s), each gun room protrudes out of the ship slightly, and has 360 turn rotation. A gun room has enough space for one humanoid gunner, can be sealed off just outside its door, and has 40 HP. The first gun room is by default on bottom of the ship, second is on the top, third and fourth on each side.
- Docks: The utility has 4, which are large air-lock doors with little space in-between, that connect to a cargo hold; a dock has 40 HP.
- Cargo Rooms: The utility has 6 cargo rooms with a volume of 10x5x10 (LxWxH). At least two rooms are generally next to each other, the divider between the two rooms can be removed, to make the dimensions 10x10x10; cargo rooms are too internal to be directly targeted.
- Loads: A light load is ≤60, medium 60–120, and max is 180 tons, total for the ship (not per room).
A utility ship has one FT20 Defense System on top and bottom of the ship. There is also one at the front near the the Super Shield (see below).
A utility ship can create a Super Shield which allows them to block damage in a large area (can be used to protect other ships). This produces a 40’ diameter circular convex shield immediately in front of the utility ship. This shield moves with the ship (not static), and has 100HP, and recharges 20HP per round.
A utility ship can repair damage to other ships. It can repair 20 HP per minute. A utility ship can shield and repair at the same time.
The utility ship is the only ship with the self-repair ability. It repairs 5HP per round.
|Alignment||True Neutral +|
|Author||Franken Kesey +|
|Challenge Rating||15 + and 8 +|
|Identifier||3.5e Monster +|
|Level Adjustment||— +|
|Size||Deka(120x60x30/360 tons) + and Gargantuan(20x10x5/40 tons) +|
|Summary||A repair ship with a powerful shield that can defend other ships. Also a good transport ship. +|
|Title||Utility Ship +|