Namekian (5e Race)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
|“||Did you really think you could wreak havoc on this planet without paying the price.||”|
|—The Namekian Warrior Piccolo, moments before he pile drives the tyrant Lord Frieza into the ground, Dragon Ball Z Kai|
Namekians are an aloof, yet mild mannered race of slug people with a strong sense of justice and impartiality. They are known to have tough warriors, powerful clerics, and even fierce minions.
Green and Tough
Namekians are humanoids with slug-like characteristics, including antennae, light green skin, and pink patches or pale yellow patches(pale yellow in the original manga) appearing throughout their bodies. Elderly Namekians have darker green skin and less prominent pink patches (these appear to become dull-orange as the Namekian advances in age), pointy ears, and red rings, in which they have three red conjoined rings on their ankles and wrists, making them look like they have ankle bands and wristbands. Namekian are also long lived, living to about 500 to 600 years old.
Differences between how Namekians look usually depends upon the clan they are part of. Common Clan Namekians are generally the shortest, being around 4"5 to about 5"10 with unassuming or even sometimes fat physique. The Dragon and Warrior Clan Namkians are usually a lot taller, being around 5"5 to as tall as 8".
Demon Clan Namekians however, are quite different in appearance from the other clans. While those from the Demon clan can look like their kin, their appearance can vary wildly. These Namekians usually have demonic features that distinguish them, such as horns, wings, fins, and the like. They keep their green color , but many often mistake these Namekians as full blooded demons. Their height can go from 4"5 to almost 8" tall.
All Namekians are male, and reproduce asexually by spitting out an egg. Reproduction is usually highly regulated, and only done so with a specific purpose in mind, such as to fill a role in the tribe. This process is very taxing, and usually only the Elder of a tribe is allowed to create other Namekians. The Elder Namekian is able to subtlety influence what clan the Namekian will be, though they are not guarantied to get clan they want. Also, all Elder Namekians have a telepathic link to those that they birth, using this link to give out decrees and sage advice when needed. Demon Clan are born to evil Namekians who wish to have minions, rather than children. Using their evil spawn to terrorize all they come across.
Namekians also have no need for physical food, and can subsist entirely on water. This is do to their advanced digestive system that is able to draw the necessary nutrients for their body from water alone. If they do not have access to water, they will starve and die the same as any other common race. Namekians can still eat and grow food, and usually do so for pleasure, rather than necessity.
Silent and Discerning
Namekians are often quiet and mysterious. They believe in a simple and peaceful life, and do not care much for material things. Most Namekians try to stay neutral and far away from most conflicts, but also tend to have a intense hatred for injustice and evil. They have a strong sense of community, and are generally quite hospitable to any who manage to find their hidden villages. But while they may be hospitable, they also can be extremely cautious and distrustful of others, due to their connection to the Dragon Balls.
On occasion there are evil Namekians. These Namekians are usually evil to the extreme, killing without remorse or purpose and indulging in every desire. These Namekians are usually immediately killed, or exile by the tribe.
Namekians have a 3 Clan system, comprised of the Common Clan, Warrior Clan, and Dragon Clan. Common Clan Namekians serve as day to day workers and tradesmen, ensuring that the tribe has everything is needs to survive and thrive, and unsurprisingly, are what a typical tribe is comprised of. Warrior Clan Namekians are the protectors and guardians of the tribe, protecting the tribe from hostile forces and keeping the peace within the tribe as well. They are typically more rare and only generally only venture away from the tribe to take care of an impending threat. Dragon Clan Namekians are the most rare of the Namekians. Most tribes only have only 1 or 2 Dragon Clan members. These Namekians serve as the tribes spiritual leaders and shamans, guiding and protecting the tribe. They are also often the oldest of the Namekians in the tribe. Especially powerful ones are even said to be masters of magical items.
There is a 4th clan however, the Demon Clan. These Namekians are born of another evil Namekian. These Namekians are usually incredibly evil, with their only goal being to further their masters plans and to indulge in their every desire. Some may try to resist their evil nature, but will find that it is an uphill battle. The other 3 Clans often refuse to acknowledge the Demon Clan as even Namekian, and do not attempt to interact with them in any way, unless it is to stop their evil acts.
The Serene Grasslands of Namek
Namekians have a very peaceful and simple homeworld. Its only features include rolling grasslands and and archipelagos with blue grass. This landscape is also littered with blue fuzzy palm trees and a great amount of green-tinted water lakes. Namekian usually live in isolated tribes scattered around the planet, keeping in touch every so often.
If not on their home planet, Namekians keep their tribes in the most isolated parts of the world. Hidden Valleys, icy tundras, and high mountain tops, if its hard to get to, it qualifies has a good place to set a village. Most of them will be set up near a source of clean water, as that is one of the only resources they truly require. The only setting they will not generally be found in is a desert area, due to the lack of water, and that they do not like arid environments.
Dragon Balls and Dragons
A well known secret of the Namekian race, is their ability to create the Dragon Balls, 7 magical orbs that can summon a wish granting dragon god. This dragon god serves as the Namekians god, and is revered and treated with extreme dignity and respect. These 7 magical orbs are extremely hard to find, as they are spread across the material plane, usually in the most dangerous or isolated places. Only when you gather all 7 may you summon forth the mighty dragon god to receive your wish. Once the wish is granted, the balls are then scattered throughout the material plane once again, and cannot be found until a year has passed.
Only the most powerful and wisest of the Dragon Clan Namekians can create these magical orbs. When creating them, he must link his very life to them. If the creator of the Dragon Balls dies, the Dragon Balls become nothing more than worthless stones and cease to function. Also, the more powerful the creator of the Dragon Balls are, the more powerful the wish can be, or the more wishes it can have.
Also, due to the reverence of their dragon god, Namekians view dragons as higher beings. They view metallic dragons as champions of justice and power, and in the case of particularly powerful metallic dragons, some tribes even might offer to serve them if they would allow it. However, they view chromatic dragons as evil mockery of their gods visage, and hate them with a passion. These viewpoints translate to Dragonborn as well, but in a less extreme way. They view metallic Dragonborn as naturally trustworthy folk, and greet them warmly. Chromatic Dragonborn they view as the spawn of evil, and will be extremely mistrusting of them and their actions.
Intolerant of Injustice
As mentioned before, Namekians generally hate evil and injustice. It is not uncommon for young Namekians to venture outside their isolated tribes to stop evil actions and deeds that they may see or hear of, especially if it threatens the safety and well being of their people. Namekians also make great guardians, and their race is often trusted to protect or keep track of powerful magical artifacts and dangerous locations. Other times they could be charged with an important task by the leader. Other, less kindhearted, Namekians will venture out to satisfy their desires for power and wealth, often at the expense of others.
Male Names: Piccolo, Nail, Drum, Tambourine, Dende, Cymbal, Piano, Cargo, Moori, Tsuno, Katas
Note- Most names are either a pun about snails or slugs, or a musical instrument.
- Ability Score Increase. Constitution +2
- Age. Namekians reach adulthood as early as 3 years of age, and can live to a maximum of 600 years
- Alignment. Most often any Lawful
- Size. Namekians come in a variety of sizes, from as small as 4"5 to as large as 7"5 Your size is Medium.
- Speed. Your base speed is 30 feet.
- Acute Hearing. A Namekian has very sensitive ears, and can easily hear quiet conversations across a room. You have proficiency in the Perception skill.
- Sonic Sensitivity. Because of a Namekians acute hearing, they are incredibly sensitive to intense sounds, or certain frequencies. You have disadvantage on all saves against attacks that deal Thunder damage, and any attacks that deal Thunder damage have advantage against you as well.
- Thick Hide. Namekians are mostly composed of water and need little oxygen to survive. Because of this, they have naturally adapted to cold climates, as described in chapter 5 of the Dungeon Master’s Guide. You’re also acclimated to high altitude, including elevations above 20,000 feet.
- Limb Regeneration. Because of a Namekians unique biology, they have the ability to regenerate any lost appendage. You may expend 3 Hit die as an action to instantly regrow a lost appendage.
- Limited Sustenance. Namekians can survive off water alone, and do not need food to survive. You do not need to consume any food to survive, but still require water.
- Languages. You can speak, read, and write Common, and Namekian.
Common Clan Namekians are the most common of the Namkian race. They generally have a specific skill that they specialize in, such as woodworking or masonry.
- Ability Score Increase. +1 to any Ability Score of your choice
- Alignment. Most often Lawful Neutral
- Adaptable. Common Clan Namekians can be suited for all sorts of skills. You gain proficiency in 1 skills and 1 artisan tool of your choice.
- Discerning. You have proficiency with Wisdom(Insight), and once per long rest, can have advantage on 1 Wisdom(Insight) check of your choice.
Warrior Clan Namekians are born fighters, serving as protectors and local law enforcement, ensuring the peace and destroying evil.
- Ability Score Increase. Strength +1 or Dexterity +1
- Alignment. Most often Lawful Good
- Stretching Arms. You have the ability to stretch your arms. As a bonus action, you may grant yourself 15ft reach until the end of your turn. You may do this a number of times equal to your proficiency modifier. You regain your uses of this ability every long rest.
- Hardened Plates. Your plates are naturally harder than most Namekians. When you aren't wearing armor, your AC is 11 + your dexterity modifier. You can use your hardened plates to determine your AC if the armor you wear would leave you with a lower AC. A shield's benefits apply as normal while you use your natural armor.
Dragon Clan Namekians serve as spiritual leaders and priest, practicing magic and mystical arts.
- Ability Score Increase. Intelligence +1 or Wisdom +1
- Alignment. Most often Lawful Good
- Dragon's Knowledge. Dragon Clan Namekians are knowledgeable on magic and magic items. You can speak, read, and write Draconic as well as the normal Common and Namekian. Also, when you make a Intelligence(History) check related to magic items, spells, or dragons, you can add twice your proficiency bonus, instead of any other proficiency bonus you would apply.
- Divine Power. You know the Thaumaturgy cantrip. When you reach 3rd level, you can cast Guiding Bolt once per long rest. When you reach 5th level, you can cast Augury once per long rest. Wisdom is your spellcasting ability for these spells.
Demon Clan Namekians are Namekians born of evil Namekians, having demonic traits and personalities. These Namekians usually spread evil and destruction, most often serving as underlings for evil beings.
- Ability Score Increase. Strength +1 or Charisma +1
- Alignment. Most often Chaotic Evil
- Demonic Trait. Demon Clan Namekians always have a unique demonic trait. You may choose 1 of the following characteristics.
- Aquatic - You have the ability to breath underwater, and have a swim speed of 20ft. You know the Ray of Frost cantrip and Charisma is your spellcasting modifier.
- Winged - You have demonic wings that you can use to slow your fall or allow you to glide. When you fall and aren't incapacitated, you can subtract up to 100 feet from the fall when calculating falling damage, and you can move up to 2 feet horizontally for every 1 foot you descend. You know the Shocking Grasp cantrip and Charisma is your spellcasting modifier.
- Terran - You are very fast on land. Your base land speed increases by 10ft. You know the Chill Touch cantrip and Charisma is your spellcasting modifier.
- Demonic Presence. You gain proficiency in the Intimidation skill.
|5e Classes & Subclasses||Way of the Crane, Way of the Turtle|
|5e Races||Namekian, Saiyan|
|5e Feats||Master Craftsman, Mending Spirit, Saiyan Rage, Super Warrior, Warped Blood|
|5e Monsters||Wild Oozaru|
|3.5 Classes||Ki Demon|
|3.5 Other Class Features||Mutated Frost Demon, Mystic Form|
|3.5 Races||Frieza Race-Frost Demons, Hybrid Saiyan, Namekian-Iskerbabble|
|3.5 Feats||Frieza Clan, Full Power Form|
|3.5 Invocations||Four Witches, Greater Ki Transmutation, Ki Transmutation, Lesser Electrical Transmutation, Lesser Fire Transmuation, Lesser Frost Transmutation, Master Ki Transmutation, Neo Tri Beam, Nova Chariot, Thunder Shock Surprise, Tri Beam|
|Ability Mods||Con +2 +|
|Features||Age +, Alignment +, Size +, Speed +, Acute Hearing +, Sonic Sensitivity +, Thick Hide +, Limb Regeneration +, Limited Sustenance +, Languages +, Adaptable +, Discerning +, Stretching Arms +, Hardened Plates +, Dragon's Knowledge +, Divine Power +, Demonic Trait + and Demonic Presence +|
|Identifier||5e Race +|
|Is Race||true +|
|Subrace Ability Mods||+1 to any Ability Score of your choice +, Strength +1 or Dexterity +1 +, Intelligence +1 or Wisdom +1 + and Strength +1 or Charisma +1 +|
|Subrace Features||Adaptable +, Discerning +, Stretching Arms +, Hardened Plates +, Dragon's Knowledge +, Divine Power +, Demonic Trait + and Demonic Presence +|
|Summary||A stalwart and strong alien race of slug people, known for their ability to produce capable fighters and magical artifacts. +|