Namekian-Iskerbabble (3.5e Race)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
While this description applies to the Namekian race as a whole, the racial stats and bonuses are focus on the Dragon and Warrior Clans of this species. A regular Namekian is usually nothing special and not great for adventuring or fighting. These purposes are usually reserved for the two clans. So I only made rules for the adventuring clans and not a regular joe Namekian.
Namekians are a solitary and quite people. Despite their Demon-like appearance may suggest, most Namekians are incredibly peaceful and hospitable. Though, due to abuse in the past and many seeking the Dragon Balls that their race can produce, they have learned to be wary of other races and can have a deep sense of skepticism about outsiders. These people live usually in small, isolated tribes, and have a strong sense of community. And while they enjoy peace, they are more than willing to stand up against anyone who threatens them.
Namekians are often considered quiet and mysterious by other races. Many nature going races tend to have a respect for them for their minimalist lifestyle. They can have a deep mistrust of other races, especially those who tend to try to take advantage of them. In their own communities they will be as hospitable as they can, but will usually have a healthy wariness of peoples intentions. If a out of their small communities, they usually travel alone and most feel that they are stand-offish and stuck up. But sometimes they will join an adventuring party, either in the form of a powerful yet cautious fighter, or a dangerous, yet wise spell caster.
On occasion there can be evil Namekians. These Namekians are usually evil to the extreme, killing without remorse or purpose and indulging in all their desires. These evil ones should be feared as their high wisdom and battle prowess makes them dangerous opponent and usually even more dangerous leaders.
Namekians are humanoids with slug-like characteristics, including antennae, light green skin, and pink patches (pale yellow in the original manga) appearing throughout their bodies (also, many Namekians are named after words meaning "slug" or "snail"). Elderly Namekians have darker green skin and less prominent pink patches (these appear to become dull-orange as the Namekian advances in age), pointy ears, and red rings, in which they have three red conjoined rings on their ankles and wrists, making them look like they have ankle bands and wristbands.
Most Namekians are tall beings, around 6 to 8 feet tall. Although small and short are not impossible.
Namekians do not actively produce, trade, or sell with neighboring races. Because of this they are usually a completely neutral people, and little is known of their culture. Most races find them weird and mysterious, but do not find them particularly threatening as Namekians are spread out into small isolated tribes. While they are neutral, they tend to get along with elves, as they share similar longevity of life and respect for nature and magic. Namekians do not tend to like more industrial races, such as humans and dwarves, because they usually pay no mind to the damage they do around them to further their designs.
Most often than not Namekians are Lawful Neutral, maintaining order around them, but usually not wanting to get involved in other peoples conflict. There are some that tend to lean toward Lawful Good, learning to hate injustice and tyranny at a young age. Any Namekian that goes back on his people and turns evil, usually tends to be an extremely Chaotic Evil being, so much so that most people assume that their just a green demon rather than a Namekian.
Namekians are spread out and do have a planet of their own. Though if found on Earth, they are usually in a plain setting. The most important need for the people is water, so they tend to be set up near large bodies of water, or any available water source. Namekians are never found in desert settings as it is extremely uncomfortable and dangerous for their long term well being, because of the obvious lack of water.
Namekians are a monk like people and do not serve any deity or god, instead having a more self-reflective society. The only thing they tend to revere is the Grand Elder, who is the chosen leader of all Namekian people. This Namekian usually is also the creater of the Dragon Balls and its Dragon. Namekians also tend to revere this Dragon as it is a personification and representation of their peoples strength and power, and if in the presence of either the Dragon or its creator, will show extreme respect and dignity to them.
Most Namekians, if not all, speak and write in common, but usually only do so when dealing with other races. Namekians have their own language called, you guessed it, Namekian. This language can range from anything from harsh sounds to aquatic gibberish, and most people that hear it find it incredibly strange. It is not impossible for an outsider to learn Namekian, but it is definitely not easy, requiring years of study and practice.
- +2 Strength, +4 Constitution, +4 Wisdom or +4 Dexterity, -4 Charisma: Namekians are naturally quick and strong, though most prefer to live in peace. They are a sage and solitary people, focused usually on meditation. Their appearance similarities to demons and aloofness usually give them a clear disadvantage to most social norms and activities. If you chose to have the +4 in Dexterity you are part of the Warrior clan; Namekians breed for combat, mostly to protect important figures and others. Alternatively, you can put the +4 into Wisdom and be part of the Dragon clan; these Namekians are more magical and mystic based, and are usually important leaders or figureheads in their culture.
- Monstrous Humanoid (Shapechanger): Most have Humanoid qualities, but can morph their bodies to increase size and reach, making them difficult opponents and apt explorers.
- Medium: As a Medium creature, a namekian has no special bonuses or penalties due to its size.
- Namekian base land speed is 30 feet.
- Stretchy Arms (Ex): Namekians can stretch their arms out to have 10ft reach at will, however he only threatens squares as a creature with 5ft reach and cannot use this ability for Attacks of Opportunity. If used for attacking, this ability cannot be used with skills like flurry of blows.You may only attack the amount your BAB allows.
- Giant Form (Ex): Namekians can also learn to morph their bodies to the extreme, growing 2 size category larger for a short period of time, gaining +4Str and -4Dex. They can do this for 2+Con Modifter rounds, and can only do this action once per 5 Character levels they possess. If a Namekian uses all of his uses in a single day he then becomes exhausted, this exhaustion cannot be dispelled or cured, and can only go away after a complete rest.
- Regenerate limbs (Ex): Namekians can regenerate limbs at will, although it is quite painful and exhausting. A Namekian may regenerate 1 limbs for every 4 Charater levels they have per day. Using this ability causes 1d10+2 points of nonlethal damage and become fatigued. And if it exceed 2 times in one day they become exhausted.
- Sonic Vulnerability: Namekians have very fined tuned ears, this however makes them very weak to sonic based attacks. They take 50% more damage from sonic sources, and if they fail a save related to a sonic based attack they are dazzed for 1 round. They even find whistling to be extremely annoying if not down right torturous to listen to.
- Natural Armor: Namekians have naturally tough skin and pads of armor on their skin, +2 Natural Amour
- Absorbtion (Ex): Namekians have a ancient and forbidden technique of absorbing their own kind. This horrid technique is known by very few and is considered a closely guarded secret. But those who do know of it, fear it or worse, crave it. One must decide to be the base creature while the other is absorbed, merging his strength, knowledge, memories, and very soul to the base Namekian. Both Namekians must be willing and cannot be under magical compulsion, although technically you could torture someone into submission. This absorption could be translated as ability score bonuses, increases in skills, or increase in level. Talk to your DM about this and find a fair and balanced way to translate this on to your campaign.
- Skill Bonuses: Namekians have a natural +6 to listen, +4 to spot, and +2 to escape artist
- Special Qualities: Namekians are a unique life form in the way that they do not need to eat to survive as they completely subsist on water alone. They also meditate as elves do instead of sleeping, but do not gain the bonuses associated with it. And the last and one of the most weirdest of their qualities is that they are only ever male, and no female Namekians exist as they reproduce asexually. How they do this is never shown but it is generally conceived that they come from egg hatched from their mouths.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Namekian
- Bonus Languages: Any
- Favored Class: Monk
- Level Adjustment: +2
- Effective Character Level: 3
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|300 years||350 years||450 years||+2d300+200 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||'5 "5||+1d2 feet and 1d12 inches||150 pounds lb.||× (2d6 pounds) lb.|
|Female||'"||+||lb.||× () lb.|
I got the idea to make this race after using and seeing The-Marksman interpretation of the Saiyan race and class. He also made a Namekian class but I was unsatisfied with his work on it, so I made my own take on it. Make sure to check his stuff out, as well as some of my other stuff
|5e Classes & Subclasses||Way of the Crane, Way of the Turtle|
|5e Races||Namekian, Saiyan|
|5e Feats||Master Craftsman, Mending Spirit, Saiyan Rage, Super Warrior, Warped Blood|
|5e Monsters||Wild Oozaru|
|3.5 Classes||Ki Demon|
|3.5 Other Class Features||Mutated Frost Demon, Mystic Form|
|3.5 Races||Frieza Race-Frost Demons, Hybrid Saiyan, Namekian-Iskerbabble|
|3.5 Feats||Frieza Clan, Full Power Form|
|3.5 Invocations||Four Witches, Greater Ki Transmutation, Ki Transmutation, Lesser Electrical Transmutation, Lesser Fire Transmuation, Lesser Frost Transmutation, Master Ki Transmutation, Neo Tri Beam, Nova Chariot, Thunder Shock Surprise, Tri Beam|
|Effective Character Level||3 +|
|Favored Class||Monk +|
|Identifier||3.5e Race +|
|Level Adjustment||2 +|
|Racial Ability Adjustments||+2 Strength +, +4 Constitution +, +4 Wisdom or +4 Dexterity + and -4 Charisma +|
|Summary||Namekians are a solitary and quite people. … |
Namekians are a solitary and quite people. Despite their Demon-like appearance may suggest, most Namekians are incredibly peaceful and hospitable. Though, due to abuse in the past and many seeking the Dragon Balls that their race can produce, they have learned to be wary of other races and can have a deep sense of skepticism about outsiders. These people live usually in small, isolated tribes, and have a strong sense of community. And while they enjoy peace, they are more than willing to stand up against anyone who threatens them.tand up against anyone who threatens them. +
|Type||Monstrous Humanoid +|