Tricky Grappler (3.5e Feat)
From Dungeons and Dragons Wiki
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
Tricky Grappler [Fighter, Skill] Being a luchador isn't always about having the biggest muscles.Prerequisites: Improved Unarmed Strike Benefits: This is a skill feat that scales with your ranks in Escape Artist.
- 0 ranks: When grappling with a creature equal to or larger than your own size, you can use your Escape Artist check in place of any Grapple check. You gain a +3 bonus to Escape Artist checks.
- 4 ranks: You can initiate a grapple without provoking an Attack of Opportunity. You can start a grapple off of a successful unarmed strike, as if you had Improved Grab.
- 9 ranks: You can attack your grappled opponents without penalty, so long as you are using a light weapon or unarmed strike. You can make an opposed Grapple check with these attacks rather than a normal attack roll, but you cannot threaten a critical hit if you do so.
- 14 ranks: Size bonuses don't apply in opposed grapple checks made by or against you.
- 19 ranks: Whenever a larger creature misses you, you can attempt to start a grapple with them as an Attack of Opportunity. You can only affect any given opponent with this ability once per round.
This feat counts as Improved Grapple for the purpose of prerequisites.
Back to Main Page → 3.5e Homebrew → Character Options → Scaling Feats
Back to Main Page → 3.5e Homebrew → Tome Material → Skill Feats
Facts about "Tricky Grappler (3.5e Feat)"
|Article Balance||Very High +|
|Identifier||3.5e Feat +|
|Prerequisite||Improved Unarmed Strike +|
|Skill||Escape Artist +|
|Summary||Being a luchador isn't always about having the biggest muscles. +|
|Title||Tricky Grappler +|
|Type||Fighter + and Skill +|