Conjure Creature (5e Spell)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
Conjure Creature is a spell in 5th edition.
|Casting Time:||1 action|
|Duration:||Concentration, up to 1 hour|
You summon creatures that appear in unoccupied spaces that you can see within range. There are some restrictions as to what creatures you can summon:
- The type of creature that you can summon is: beasts, dragons, monstrosities, oozes, plants, or swarms.
- The creatures' Intelligence score must be lower than your own.
- The creatures summoned must be within 1 mile of you and on the same plane as you.[notes 1] You may specify a specific species of creature, but if it is not within range the GM chooses which species of creature will be summoned (usually of the same monster type).
- The number of creatures summoned depends on their challenge rating.
The summoned creatures are friendly to you and your companions (creatures that are immune to the charmed effect may not be summoned). Roll initiative for the summoned creatures, which has their own turns. They obey any verbal commands that you issue to it (no action required by you). If you don’t issue any commands to them, they defend themselves from hostile creatures, but otherwise take no actions.
The GM has the creatures' statistics and determines what creatures are in the area.
If you loose concentration, the creatures no longer follow your commands but remain friendly to you.[notes 2]
At Higher Levels. If you use a spell slot greater than a 1st level spell slot, the number and types of creatures that may be summoned increases.
2nd level slot - Add types aberration and constructs. Double number of creatures summoned or 1 CR 1 creature.
4th level slot - Add types elementals, fey and undead. Triple the number of creatures summoned or 2 CR 1 creatures.
8th level slot - Any creature type except humanoid. Quadruple the number of creatures summoned or 3 CR 1 creatures.
Subclass Specific Spell
This spell may only be cast by the Summoner arcane tradition of wizard. If the GM does not allow the Summoner subclass, the GM may allow this spell may be cast by the School of Conjuration arcane tradition wizards.
Sources and Notes
- This spell does not create undead, constructs, or any other type of creature, only summon nearby creatures.
- The GM controls any summoned creatures that are not charmed by the summoner.