Hexeygil the Reforger (3.5e Monster)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
|Hexeygil the Reforger|
|Size/Type:||Huge Outsider (Extraplanar)|
|Hit Dice:||15d8+60 (180 hp)|
|Armor Class:||25 (+8 armor, +3 dex, +8 natural, -4 size), touch 9, flat-footed 22|
|Attack:||+3 Hammer of God +20 melee (3d6+9, 20/x3) or +3 Hammer of God +17 ranged (3d6+9, 20/x3) or Slam +16 melee (2d6+9, 20/x2)|
|Full Attack:||+3 Hammer of God +20/+15/+10 melee (3d6+9, 20/x3) and +3 Hammer of God +17/+12/+7 ranged (3d6+9, 20/x3) and Slam +16 melee (2d6+9, 20/x2)|
|Space/Reach:||15 ft/10 ft|
|Special Attacks:||Act of Creation, Act of Destruction, Hammer of God, Melee Magic, Spells, Stomptrot|
|Special Qualities:||Darkvision 60 ft, Divine Essence, DR 8/epic, Extraordinary Health, Low-Light Vision, Immunities, Resist Acid/Cold/Electricity/Fire 10, Tauric Body, Tongues|
|Saves:||Fort +13, Ref +12, Will +12|
|Abilities:||Str 22, Dex 16, Con 18, Int 17, Wis 17, Cha 13|
|Skills:||Balance +16, Craft (All) +21, Concentration +22, Intimidate +22, Knowledge Arcana +21, Knowledge Engineering +21, Knowledge Religion +21, Listen +21, Sense Motive +21, Spellcraft +21, Spot +21, Use Magic Device +19|
|Feats:||Universal Expert (craft)B, Dynamic PotentialB, Power Attack, Magical Depth, Improved Bull Rush, Crushing Blow, Ground Breaker, Run|
|Alignment:||Always True Neutral|
|Advancement:||By character class|
In the name of God, thy have been rendered obsolete. Prepare for reclamation.
Created by a god of the forge long lost, Hexeygil was a divine weapon and tool to assist the god in the act of creation, and the destruction of the refuse of creation no longer needed or wanted. Practically a construct yet wrought from divine life force, Hexeygil was a divine messenger and herald of miraculous acts of creation on behalf of their god, or terrible acts of destruction to wipe the board clean. Even as its original god passed into the mists of time, Hexeygil persisted. Its creator made them too sturdy, too well, for even in destruction it persisted as a concept waiting again for another god to recreate its body and bring it life once more. As such, while there is only one Hexeygil at a time the Reforger can always be brought back to life. However the means of creating Hexeygil the Reforger is unknown to mortals, and the means are too costly for most to undertake in the first place. Hexeygil the Reforger recognizes the commands of the gods, in particular the commands of gods of creation and destruction, and follows these orders to their end.
Hexeygil the Reforger appears as a massive armored centaur, or perhaps more bull than horse given its set of horns upon its armored brow. It wears its own plated body armor not unlike a warforged creature, and within burns a semi-solid divine flame which is visible from the seems of its armor. It carries with it a weapon of its own making, the Hammer of God, and is capable of incredible multitasking and both creation and destruction by the same hand. While it is capable of great evil (or great good), its mission is ultimately a programmed one no matter what sapience it seems to possess, a personality which seems to alter each time it is reborn in a new shell.
Hexeygil the Reforger stands at 16 ft tall and 17,000 lbs. It is a quadruped like a centaur, and speaks all languages due to tongues, but its native language is Celestial. It is also counted as being made of metal and stone for the purpose of interacting with spells and other effects.
With melee and magic at its disposal, it can take on various tactics to achieve its goals. It will often throw its hammer, then stomptrot across multiple targets grouped together while casting spells. Alternatively it makes heavy use of Melee Magic to attack and cast, buffing or setting up the terrain in an advantageous position. If pressed, it will create barriers to buy itself time in order to cast repair spells upon it while its opponents lash out against its many walls.
The Reforger counts as a Construct for the purpose of benefiting from repairSpC spells.
Act of Creation (Su): Possessed by the spirit of creation, Hexeygil the Reforger can produce a miracle that can result in any of the effects below. Using the power of act of creation or act of destruction provokes a cooldown like a breath weapon, and thus either on may be used once every 1d4 rounds (cooldown begins once the action is completed).
- Create Force Barrier: As a standard action Hexeygil the Reforger can create force barriers in any of the following shapes: a vertical hemisphere up to 30 ft in diameter, a wall up to 20 ft x 20 ft, or a bridge or platform 15 ft wide and up to 150 ft long. These glassy constructs of light are made of force, but can be destroyed by conventional means (hardness 10, 150 hp) as well as disintegrate. Only one may persist at a time, but if left for at least 1 minute without being replaced its duration becomes Permanent.
- Fabricate Materials: As a standard action Hexeygil the Reforger duplicates the effect of fabricate (CL 15th).
- Forge Armaments: As a standard action Hexeygil the Reforger duplicates the effect of ancestral weapon (CL 15th), though only a single use of forge armaments may exist at any single time.
- Reshape Terrain: Over the course of 1 round of concentration Hexeygil the Reforger duplicates the effects of reticulating splines. Its effect is limited to 300 ft, but if focused on for 10 minutes it becomes its full 3 mile radius.
Act of Destruction (Su): Possessed by the spirit of destruction, Hexeygil the Reforger can produce a disaster that can result in any of the effects below. Using the power of act of creation or act of destruction provokes a cooldown like a breath weapon, and thus either on may be used once every 1d4 rounds (cooldown begins once the action is completed).
- Destroy Materials: As a standard action Hexeygil the Reforger can destroy any unattended mundane object up to a 10 ft cube with a touch attack as if subject to disintegrate, including force effects. Attended objects and magical objects are Broken for the duration of its cooldown. It provokes attacks of opportunity when breaking attended objects.
- Disrupt Magic: With a standard action within 30 ft Hexeygil the Reforger can suppress any one magical effect of less than CL 15th for 5 rounds. The effect persists and its duration continues to decrease, but its effect is suppressed for the time. Hexeygil the Reforger can only have one effect suppressed at any single time.
- Raze Terrain: Over the course of 1 round of concentration Hexeygil the Reforger can rain destruction from the heavens which only affects objects and terrain within 20 ft and 100 ft tall cylinder centered on itself. All unattended objects, fortifications (attended or not), and terrain takes 30 points of divine damage. It can concentrate on this, expanding the field out by 20 ft each round until it reaches a maximum of 2000 ft after 100 rounds (10 minutes).
- Shatter Barrier: With a standard action within 30 ft Hexeygil the Reforger can destroy any one single magical barrier or protective abjuration (such as wall of fire or shield) of less than CL 15th, and may make a dispel attempt against higher caster levels.
Divine Essence: Hexeygil the Reforger is of divine nature, and counts as a rank 0 deity for effects which rely in divine rank. Hexeygil the Reforger is immune to any form of soul trapping (though they may be imprisoned or otherwise belayed), and if its body is re-created by the unknown ritual which creates it the original spiritual essence returns to its form.
Extraordinary Health (Ex): Hexeygil the Reforger always receives maximum hit points per hit die.
Hammer of God: The Hammer of God is Hexeygil the Reforger's unique custom weapon, an immense one-handed maul that deals 3d6 damage, 20/x3 critical range, and may be thrown with a range increment of 20 ft. It is a +3 enhancement bonus Rebound weapon. Its weight seems to be highly variable and is unwieldable by all creatures, appearing to be of nigh infinite weight, as long as Hexeygil lives. Objects may still move the maul as if it weighed 50 lbs. The hammer has several Weapon Arts associated with it. These abilities may be used at will, and are often combined with Melee Magic when possible, but only one effect at a time each round.
- Break Defenses: As part of a single attack once per round, its attack ignores all damage reduction, resistances, and hardness of any non-deific being (except for DR/-). It also counts as the appropriate damage to bypass regeneration, and can affect swarms. If the attack is successful that creature or object's DR, resistances, and hardness remains down for 1 round.
- Heavy Impact: As part of a single attack once per round it deals normal damage and get a free bull rush attempt against the creature without provoking attacks of opportunity. You do not follow the creature as they are thrown back, and if they strike an object or another creature of their size or larger they are knocked prone unless they succeed on a Balance check, DC equal to the damage dealt. If they strike a creature or object mid-way using the same attack roll as your initial attack, they also take damage and are subject to bull rushing (if a creature) or possibly breaking (if an object) causing its victims to continue their movement while possibly being prone.
- Mending Strike: As part of a single attack once per round it deals no damage but instead repairs any mundane object as if subject to make whole (CL 15th). Against constructs and Hexeygil itself, it instead heals the target 1 hp per HD the target possesses.
- Whirling Hammer: As a full attack action the hammer may be thrown. Instead of returning after making a single attack it spins in place at the location it was aimed in a 10 ft radius circle centered on that point. Any creature moving through or ending their turn in that area are subject to an attack of opportunity. Whirling hammer can perform unlimited attacks of opportunity, and the hammer may persist whirling in spot for an unlimited duration until recalled as a free action. It can also be commanded to move up to 15 ft a round in a direction, but it must be recalled and thrown again to change its behavior.
If Hexeygil the Reforger is slain, its hammer crumbles to dust. However if the dust is collected the material may be used upon any masterwork hammer to transform it into a Hammer of Reforging.
Melee Magic: Hexeygil the Reforger is able to cast and attack in one motion. As a full attack action it may make a single attack and cast any spell that is 1 standard action or less without provoking attacks of opportunity for casting.
Spells: Hexeygil the Reforger can cast divine spells as a 9th-level cleric. It has access to two of the following domains: Architecture, Artifice, Cataclysm, Construct, Creation, Decay, Destruction, and Terraforming (plus any others from its creator deity). The save DCs are Intelligence-based, and are DC 21 due to its Dynamic Potential feat.
Typical Cleric Spells Prepared (6/5/5/4/3/1; save DC 13 + spell level or DC 21): 0—create water, detect magic, guidance, know distance, light, purify food and drink; 1st—command, condemning smite (x2), entropic shield, sanctuary, withstand energy*; 2nd—graviton implosion, force pulse, keepaway shield, spiritual weapon, thundershock, tremors*; 3rd—bubble shield, call lightning*, protection from energy, solar bolt, stone shape; 4th—flame pillars*, shinespark weapon, throw force, unrelenting focus; 5th—animate objects*, wall of stone.
Stomptrot (Ex): As a move action once per round Hexeygil the Reforger can use its bulk to crush its foes by running over them. While stromptrotting Hexeygil must move in a straight line at half speed, but benefits from Trample dealing 2d6+9 damage with a DC 26 Reflex save for half. Even if you choose to make an attack of opportunity, you get a Reflex save but not to halve the damage. Instead those who fail either save are knocked prone as they are stomped into the dirt. While stomptrotting, Hexeygil the Reforger ignores difficult terrain.
Tauric Body: Hexeygil the Reforger is a Huge (long) creature and counts as both a quadruped and mounted for the purposes of feats and abilities. They count as possessing Mounted Combat for the purpose of pre-requities. However, they wield weapons as a creature one size smaller for them (Large).