Stormshaper (3.5e Feat)
From Dungeons and Dragons Wiki
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
Prerequisite: Ability to cast a spell with one of the following descriptors: [Air], [Cold], [Electricity], [Sonic], or [Water].
Benefits: This is a spellcasting feat that scales with the highest-level spell slot you have.
- 0: Enduring: While you have a spell of the [Air], [Cold], [Electricity], [Sonic], or [Water] descriptor available to cast, you are under the constant effects of the Endure Elements spell as a supernatural ability.
- 1: Weather-Resistant: As long as you have a [Cold], [Sonic] or [Electricity] spell available to cast, you gain energy resistance against those types of damage equal to the highest level spell of those descriptors you have available. As a secondary benefit, you gain a +1 competence bonus to caster level when casting spells of the [Air], [Cold], [Electricity], [Sonic], or [Water] descriptor.
- 2: Windweaver: While you have an [Air] spell available to cast, you can affect the wind. Doing so take 1 minute and a successful DC 20 Concentration check. This allows you to change the wind strength in the immediate area by one category as if you were using the Control Winds spell. You can alter the wind strength by an additional category for every 2 levels higher than 1st the highest-level of [Air] spell you currently have available is (Thus a 9th-level [Air] spell would let you change the wind by up to 5 categories). Changing the wind's direction and strength takes 1 minute of concentration until it manifests, and the effect lasts until you stop concentrating on it, plus 2d4+1 rounds.
- 4: Stormborn: You can create the following five effects.
- Iceslick: As long as you have a [Cold] spell of 4th level or higher available to cast, you can spend a standard action to create an area of slick, icy ground. You can create a number of squares of icy ground at once up to the number of the highest-level [Cold] spell you have available to cast, and they last for as many rounds before disappearing (Thus a 5th-level spell would allow you to create 5 squares of slick ground, lasting 5 rounds before melting). Fire damage equal to the spell from which the icy terrain originated melts the ice and returns the ground to normal. Icy terrain acts as if the Grease spell, except that it can't be ignited. As a secondary effect, while you have available the ability to create these slick patches of terrain, you also gain the Icewalking ability of White Dragons - In other words, you are immune to the difficulties of trying to walk on ice and you can Spider Climb, so long as the surfaces you're trying to climb are icy or made of ice.
- Refreshing Rain: As long as you have a [Water] spell of 4th level or higher available to cast, you are immune to the effects of rain - The water just rolls right off of you and your equipment harmlessly. This includes spell effects that create rain. You can also bestow this ability onto allies with a touch, lasting 24 hours, and you may bestow this ability upon a number of allies equal to the highest-level Water spell you have available. If casting a spell would reduce the number of allies, the first allies affected lose the benefit first.
- Air Currents: As long as you have an [Air] spell of 4th level or higher available to cast, you can spend a standard action to move a volume of air of up to 1 cubic feet per spell level of the highest-level Air spell you have available. You can move the air at a speed of 30, and the cubes must be contiguous. You can also use this ability to clear the air in your space, removing the effects of any cloud-like spell such as Stinking Cloud from your space for 1 round. You can also use it to bring air underwater with you, though you need something to weigh you down in order to counter the difference in mass between air and water, and the air will only last for so long before it's no longer breathable.
- Flashbolt: As long as you have a [Electricity] spell of 4th level or higher available to cast, you can spend a standard action to force a single target within Close range to make a Will save (DC = 10 + level of highest-level Electricity spell you have available + appropriate ability score modifier) or be Blinded for 1 round. As a secondary benefit, you can attempt a DC 20 Reflex saving throw whenever you would be struck by natural lightning. If successful, you simply ground the lightning out to no effect.
- Clatterpop: As long as you have a [Sonic] spell of 4th level or higher available to cast, you can spend a standard action to force a single target within Close range to make a Fortitude save (DC = 10 + level of highest-level Sonic spell you have available + appropriate ability score modifier) or be Deafened for 1 round. As a secondary benefit, when you successfully save against a sonic effect, you can "throw" the sound, changing the target of the effect to another target of your choice within range, who must also make the save or be effected.
- 6: Storm Brewer: As long as you have an [Air] or [Water] spell of 4rd level or higher available to cast, you can spend an hour each day focusing on the weather. Doing so allows you to change the weather, as if casting the Control Weather spell. It takes 1d4 days for the weather to manifest, and you can only choose one weather effect per day but the chosen weather lasts all day. However, in order to continue the effect, you must continue to spend 1 hour every day concentrating on the desired weather. If you miss a day, the effect ends the following day and you must start over from the beginning.
- 8: Master Stormshaper: Windweaver now only takes 1 round of concentration and Storm Brewer now only takes 1 minute of concentration each day. Additionally, You may change the weather created by Storm Brewer each hour rather than each day, and Storm Brwer only takes 1 day to begin, not 1d4 days. You only gain these benefits while you have a spell of the [Air], [Cold], [Electricity], [Sonic], or [Water] descriptors of 8th level or higher available to cast.
Facts about "Stormshaper (3.5e Feat)"
|Article Balance||High +|
|Identifier||3.5e Feat +|
|Prerequisite||Ability to cast a spell with one of the following descriptors: [Air], [Cold], [Electricity], [Sonic], or [Water]. +|
|Summary||You are exceptionally adept at shaping weather-related effects. +|
|Type||Reserve + and Spellcasting +|