Uongo-mijusi (3.5e Race)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
A reptilian looking race, with unique mental and physical altering capacities.
External Anatomy: Uongo-mijusis, are about 5' 6", and at first appear very reptilian, due their forked tongues, reptilian tail, and blue-scaled body's. But are in fact more mammalian than reptilian.
Internal Anatomy: Uongo-mijusi bodies are sleepless, and only need to meditate for 2 hours per day. When meditating, uongo-mijusi are blinded, and deafened. Spells and powers per day are reset after meditation. Uongo-mijusi can delay this, but become shaken after 24 hours without meditation, confused after 30 hours, and Nauseated after 36. To get out of tight spots, uongo-mijusis can speed up their hearts to three time its normal rate. They can also slow there heart beat down by half.
The only internal thing that emulates uongo-mijusis as reptilian, is the fact that they lay eggs. Usually having 3-5 eggs. Uongo-mijusi, will not give a second thought to eating straggling hatchlings.
Relations and History
Uongo-mijusi were birthed from a far distant planet, that was mostly composed of rain forests, and high mountains - or at least that's what the archaic data suggests.
Uongo-mijusi were enslaved by the vile zeigeist. A massive blue slug-like creatures, who destroyed the uongo-mijusi culture, and life - imposing their own type of utilitarianism. The zeitgeist's insatiable greed, became their undoing.
The Zeitgists moved the uongo-mijusi planet into the Dynasties system. But underestimated the uongo-mijusi, allowing uongo-mijusi inside their walls... What happened to the doomed solar system is just theory - for few escaped. It is known that the ethos involved manifest destiny. But the rest is very murky. Some story's say, that they were creating a galaxy destroyer, and it backfired; others say, they were working on an ultimate mind implant/ or mind control, that was destroyed by rebels - but destroyed the mijusi home world; and others yet, say that a group of galactic conspirators brought about the alliances demise.
What ever happened to the hapless solar system, still remains a mystery. But it is know that a small constituency of mijusi were able to escape the doom. Mijusi have since called themselves Uongo-mijusi, and have come to call The Fleet home.
Most uongo-mijusi, are Lawful Good, as to protect themselves during their meditation. But, as to blend into a society, they have been known to be Chaotic or Evil.
While uongo-mijusis do not have a native language, they emanate emotions through different odours. While this makes them terrible poker players, it also plays as a type of body language.
- -2 Strength, +2 Constitution, +2 Wisdom, -4 Charisma: Uongo-mijusis have a great power over there body, and mind, but have replaced strength, and unsocial habits for it.
- Outsider (Xenotheric): Uongo-mijusi do not need to sleep or breath, but need to eat twice the normal amount of food.
- Medium: As a Medium creature, an uongo-mijusi has no special bonuses or penalties due to its size.
- Uongo-mijusi base land speed is 30'.
- Low-Light Vision: An uongo-mijusi can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. She retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- Bio-Energy (Ex): The Uongo-mijusi metabolism is capable of yielding large amounts of biological energy that can be used for different purposes. Unlike other xenotheric creature's, Uongo-mijusi bio-energy pool can hold a maximum amount of charges equal to 5 plus the Xenotheric creature's Constitution modifier (minimum 1), and recharges at a rate of 2 charges per minute, or double the amount they would normally receive if higher than that (such as if they had have Improved Bio-Energy Regeneration). These charges may be expended to facilitate certain special powers. Some of these powers are exclusive to specific Xenotheric species, whereas others can be accessed through various Xenotheric feats.
- Slow Heart Beat (Ex) (3 bio-energy points/round): At 3HD, as a move action, an uongo-mijusis can halve its heart beat. In doing so it gains fast healing 3 (this does not stack with other fast healing); a +4 resistance bonus to Fortitude; and resistance to energy 5 (all types). This stacks with other energy resistance and lasts for a number of rounds equal to 3+Constitution modifier (can ended prematurely). However, the uongo-mijusis is effectively under the slow spell. This can be done 2/day at 3HD (increasing to 2/day at 6HD & 3/day at 9HD).
- Speed Heart Beat (Ex) (3 bio-energy points/round): At 4HD as a swift action, an uongo-mijusis can triple its heart beat. In doing so he gains +2 to attack, AC and Reflex. These effects stack with things like haste and rage; and lasts for a number of rounds equal to 3+Constitution modifier (can ended prematurely). However, the uongo-mijusis become fatigued for half the rounds that the heart beat increase was done. This can be done 2/day at 4HD (increasing to 3/day at 7HD & 4/day 10HD).
- Spell Dampening (Su): Uongo-mijusis have spell dampening 3 (reducing spell’s effective level by three).
- Automatic Languages: Common
- Bonus Languages: Any except secret
- Favored Class: Psychic Warrior, or Force Conduit (if in a futuristic setting), or Psyblade (if your GM allows)
- Paragon Class: Evolutionist
- Level Adjustment: +0
- Effective Character Level: 1
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|65 years||100 years||120 years||+5d4 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4’ 10”||+2d10||120 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Female||4’ 5”||+2d10||85 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Author||Franken Kesey +|
|Effective Character Level||1 +|
|Favored Class||Psychic Warrior +, Force Conduit + and Psyblade +|
|Identifier||3.5e Race +|
|Level Adjustment||0 +|
|Racial Ability Adjustments||-2 Strength +, +2 Constitution +, +2 Wisdom + and -4 Charisma +|
|Summary||A reptilian looking race, with unique mental and physical altering capacities. +|