Wild Moon (3.5e Martial Discipline)
Add your own Maneuver to Dungeons & Dragons Wiki by clicking the link and following the instructions.
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
The Wild Moon discipline channels the power of the moon and its power over lycanthropy, madness, and the primal dark. Developed by a werebear paladin named Roseveldt in his battle against evil lycanthropes, it employs the power of the shapeshifters with a few tools to destroy them as well. His enemies also attempted to pick up on his style, and ultimately the entire collection of maneuvers was gathered by a third party long after the deaths of the original combatants.
The Wild Moon discipline relies on being a shapeshifter, either by blood (usually through lycanthropy) or by magic (by having access to the polymorph spell, wild shape, or the like). While lower level maneuvers do not employ them, higher level maneuver requires knowledge of one of these methods of changing. Beyond this, the discipline is suitable for all classes, for lycanthropy is based on nature and not nurture. The weapons associated with the Wild Moon discipline are the gauntlets (spiked or normal), all natural weapons, unarmed strikes, and the whip. The skill associated with Wild Moon is Control Shape (Wis).
Martial classes may replace one of their known disciplines with the Wild Moon discipline.
Game Mechanics of the Wild Moon
Available To: Any
Discipline Weapons: Gauntlets (spiked and normal), Natural Weapons, Unarmed Strike, and Whip. - Feral beasts have little need for weapons, or use weapons which have a natural feel to them.
Saves: 10 + maneuver level + Strength
Legacy Weapon: Lunar Cry
Maneuver Granting Item: Mask of the Wild
Discipline Feat: Night Rage
Tactical Feat: Instinctive Tactics
Special: You must have shapechanging powers by virtue of race or class feature to use several of the stronger wild moon abilities.
Maneuvers of the Wild Moon Discipline
- To see the full, expanded description of every maneuver, click here.
- Argentum Scourge: Strike — Make your weapons count as silver weapons.
- Claws of the Beast: Stance — Gain claws, or improve the claws you have. Scales with your ranks in Control Shape.
- Instinctive Reposte: Counter — They hit you, so hit them back!
- Jaw of the Beast: Stance — Gain a bite, or improve the bite you have. Scales with your ranks in Control Shape.
- Red Moon Claw: Strike — Tear a grievous bleeding wound in your foe, at the cost of being reckless and easier to hit.
- Wolfsbane Blade: Strike — Strike at those who take alternate forms, disrupting their altered state.
- Lycan Essence: Stance — Gain scent, low-light vision, protection from animals, and lycanthropes can change shape easier.
- Madness in the Blood: Boost — Go berserk, gaining great bonuses but losing your sense of ally and enemy.
- Sled Fang: Strike — Charge an opponent, cutting past them and moving beyond.
- Wereboar's Ferocity: Counter — Continue to fight when you are dying, or spring for an action immediately if you are about to be killed.
- Aldrenaline Burst: Counter — Gain a massive bonus on a Str or Dex ability check.
- Anger Overwhelming: Stance — Deal more damage the lower hit points you have.
- Ferocious Leaper: Stance — This stance grants the initiator a limited fly speed through leaping.
- Lycanthropic Curse: Strike [Compulsion Mind-Affecting] — Curse an opponent with temporary mild lycanthrophy, making them stronger but driving them insane.
- True Form: Counter — If attacked by a shapechanged creature not in their normal form, you may counterattack and strip them of their shapechanging powers.
- Lunar Pack: Rush — Transform into a spectral animal and charge through the opponent, or use it for long distance travel.
- Lunatic High: Boost — Grant everyone haste.
- Moonlight Eye: Strike — Illuminate your surroundings, harm shapechangers with a glance, and dispel illusions.
- Night Howl: Strike [Fear Mind-Affecting] — Drive your enemies into mindless fear with a terrifying howl.
- Blood Mark: Counter — Curse someone's blood, making it so that you shall always be able to find them.
- Crimson Moon Fang: Strike — Tear a grievous wound in your opponent, crippling one of their limbs.
- Madness in the Mind: Boost — Go berserk, gaining even more great bonuses but losing your sense of ally and enemy.
- Skin of the Lycan: Stance — Gain DR/silver based on your ranks in Control Shape.
- Crescent Transformation: Strike — Transform an opponent into a helpless animal.
- Lunatic Rage: Boost — Send yourself and allies into a rage.
- Shape of the Beast: Boost — Transform into an animal or magical beast.
- Unleashed: Counter — Deal damage to anything grappling you or otherwise keeping you bound, even destroying magical effects.
- Flaying Strike: Strike — Tear the skin, reducing the opponent's natural armor bonus.
- Infectious Reposte: Counter — Counter an attack with one of your own, and infect them with a terrible lycanthropic curse.
- Primal Bloodlust: Stance — Gain an improved form of scent, a bite attack, gain bonuses when you kill creatures, and eat creatures to heal hp.
- Throat Rip: Strike — Focus and aim for the throat, dealing double damage and silencing your opponent.
- Eye Pluck: Strike — Focus and aim for the eyes, dealing double damage and blinding your opponent.
- Madness in the Soul: Boost — Go berserk, gaining massive bonuses and immunities but losing your sense of ally and enemy.
- Torn Asunder: Strike — If you grab a hold of them, you may very well kill them instantly.
- Versipellis Seed: Strike — Claws tear up their insides. If they perish from it their body bursts into versipelli warriors under your command.
- Blood Moon Frenzy: Strike — Tear the enemy limb from limb, dismembering them.
- Blood of Asmodeus: Stance — Truly embrace the darkness of the night.
- Tearing Wounds: Strike — Aggrivate pre-existing wounds, possibly making them fatal.
|Identifier||3.5e Martial Discipline +|
|Skill||Control Shape +|
|Summary||The Wild Moon discipline channels the power of the moon and its power over lycanthropy, madness, and the primal dark. +|
|Title||Wild Moon +|
|Weapon||Gauntlets (spiked and normal) +, Natural Weapons +, Unarmed Strike + and and Whip. +|