Conjure Minor Creature (5e Spell)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
Conjure Minor Creature is a spell in 5th edition.
|Casting Time:||1 action|
|Duration:||Concentration, up to 1 hour|
You summon a creature that appears in unoccupied space that you can see within range. There are some restrictions as to what creature you can summon:
- The type of creature that you can summon is: beasts, dragons, monstrosities, oozes, plants, or swarms.
- The creature's Intelligence score must be lower than your own.
- The creature summoned must be within 1 mile of you and on the same plane as you.[notes 1] You may specify a specific species of creature, but if it is not within range the GM chooses which species of creature will be summoned (usually of the same monster type).
- The challenge rating of the creature must be 1/8 or lower. This level increases with your level.
The summoned creature is friendly to you and your companions (creatures that are immune to the charmed effect may not be summoned). Roll initiative for the summoned creature, which has its own turns. It obeys any verbal commands that you issue to it (no action required by you). If you don’t issue any commands to it, it defends itself from hostile creatures, but otherwise take no actions.
The GM has the creature's statistics and determines what creatures are in the area.
If you loose concentration, the creature no longer follows your commands, may no longer be friendly toward you and your companions.[notes 2]
At Higher Levels. This type and number of creatures that may be summoned increases when you reach certain levels:
5th level - CR 1/4 or lower, add types aberration and construct.
11th level - add types elementals, fey and undead to creatures that may be summoned. Increase number of creatures summoned to 2.
17th level - any creature type except humanoid. Increase number of creatures summoned to 3.
Subclass Specific Spell
This spell may only be cast by the Summoner (5e Arcane Tradition) of wizard. If the GM does not allow the Summoner subclass, the GM may allow this spell may be cast by the School of Conjuration arcane tradition wizards.
Sources and Notes
- This spell does not create undead, constructs, or any other type of creature, only summon nearby creatures.
- The GM controls any summoned creatures that are not charmed by the summoner.