Battle Ship (3.5e Monster)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
|Size/Type:||Neo-Colossal(60x30x20/120 tons) Construct (Vehicle, Siege)||Deka(120x60x30/360 tons) Construct (Vehicle, Siege)||Hecto(300x150x100/1200 tons) Construct (Vehicle, Siege)|
|Hit Dice:||15d12+202 (300(+60shield) hp)||20d12+220 (350(+75shield) hp)||25d12+237 (400(+90shield) hp)|
|Initiative:||As Pilot||As Pilot||As Pilot|
|Speed:||50’, 175' fly (clumsy), Hyperjump||50’, 200' fly (clumsy), Hyperjump||50’, 225' fly (clumsy), Hyperjump|
|Armor Class:||16(base10-8size+(1/2pilot’s Dex)+6natural+8deflection), touch 10, flat-footed 16||14(base10-14size+(1/2pilot’s Dex)+8natural+10deflection), touch 6, flat-footed 14||12(base10-20size+(1/2pilot’s Dex)+10natural+12deflection), touch 2, flat-footed 12|
|Attack:||Two FT25 Assault Systems, FT20 Defense System, FT28 Ship Killer||Three FT25 Assault Systems (1/side & 1 on bottom), FT20 Defense System, Two FT28 Ship Killers||Four FT25 Assault Systems, FT20 Defense System, Two FT28 Ship Killers, FT29 Moon Killer|
|Full Attack:||Two FT25 Assault Systems and a FT28 Ship Killer||Three FT25 Assault Systems and Two FT28 Ship Killers||Four FT25 Assault Systems, Two FT28 Ship Killers and a FT29 Moon Killer|
|Special Qualities:||Construct Traits, Powerful Build, Shield, Vehicle||Construct Traits, Powerful Build, Shield, Vehicle||Construct Traits, Powerful Build, Shield, Vehicle|
|Saves:||Fort +22, Ref As Pilot, Will As Pilot||Fort +26, Ref As Pilot, Will As Pilot||Fort +30, Ref As Pilot, Will As Pilot|
|Abilities:||Str 26, Dex As Pilot, Con —, Int As Pilot, Wis As Pilot, Cha As Pilot||Str 30, Dex As Pilot, Con —, Int As Pilot, Wis As Pilot, Cha As Pilot||Str 36, Dex As Pilot, Con —, Int As Pilot, Wis As Pilot, Cha As Pilot|
|Skills:||As Pilot||As Pilot||As Pilot|
|Feats:||Far Shot||Far Shot||Far Shot|
|Organization:||3 pilots, 3 engineers, 4 gunners||3 pilots, 3 engineers, 7 gunners||4 pilots, 4 engineers, 11 gunners|
|Treasure:||Triple standard||Triple standard||Triple standard|
|Alignment:||True Neutral||True Neutral||True Neutral|
All numbers derived from this, except HP and AC.
Description: Powerful battleships with many offensive and siege options.
Standard Ship Features (Ex): All battle ships possess the following features:
- Powerful Build: In many ways the battle ship is treated as if it was one size category larger. Whenever an it is subject to a size modifier or special size modifier for an opposed check (such as during a grapple, bull rush, overrun or trip), the ship is treated as one size larger. The ship is also considered to be one size larger when determining whether a creature’s special attacks based on size (such as improved grab or swallow whole) can affect it. The battle can use weapons designed for a creature one size larger without penalty (although it possesses no hands to achieve this). However, its space and reach remain those of a creature of its actual size. The benefit stacks with the effects of powers, abilities, and spells that change the subject’s size category.
- Sensors: A ships' sensors give its pilots a +6 competence bonus to Listen, Search and Spot checks and allow it to make such checks in reaction to anything within range of the ship’s sight, regardless of direction or awareness and as long as the pilot or vehicle has line of effect. At a successful check against a creature or object, the pilot becomes immediately aware of it.
- Craft (Xeno-): Creatures with the craft (xeno-mech) skill can craft battle ships.
- Costs: The battle costs 90,000(I), 150,000(II), 200,000(III) gp.
- Vehicle: As a vehicle, the battle ship has no mental or Dexterity scores of its own, but takes the scores of its pilot, as well as initiative and skills. To operate the battle ship, one must enter and close the cockpit door as a full-round action, To operate the battle ship, one must succeed a DC25 pilot check, to start the system as a move action. Once active, it remains active until you depart. Ships may have additional abilities listed below:
(Ignore, for table 25.)
Complex Ship Features (Ex): All ships with multiple rooms possess the following features:
- XK20 Defense System: All Battle I ships have a FT20 Defense System (see page). This is placed on the rear of the ship.
- Shields: All Battle I ships have shields, granting them a +11 deflection bonus, 110 temporary HP, the shield regenerates 11 HP per round. The shield does not regenerate normal HP, only shield HP (damage to ship is not healed by this).
- Each room can be individually quarantined from the rest of the ship at the bridge or an engine room (bridge overrides engine rooms). Those inside any room have 100% cover from the rest of the ship possessing their own air cycling unit, rendering them immune to gaseous effects (outside the room). If the overall HP of the ship drops below 70%, each room can be attacked separately. If the bridge is destroyed, an engine room can act as a secondary bridge. However, the secondary bridge is inferior, and has a -4 penalty to attacks, saves and skills.
The Battle I ship has the following rooms:
- Bridge: Positioned in the front of the ship, with space for 2 humanoid pilots; the bridge has 60 HP.
- Engine Rooms(2): Has primary and secondary engines at different sections of the ship in case one goes out. The primary and secondary engines are on both sides of the hyper drive in the rear of the ship in two separate rooms. Each room needs an engineer to operate. Each engine rooms has 60 HP. If either engine room is below 70% HP, reduce speed to 2/3s; if below 50% reduce to 1/2.
- Hyper Drive: Positioned in the far rear of ship. Must have 1 engineer to operate; the hyperdrive is too internal to be directly targeted. The hyperdrive permits the ship to hyperjump. The bridge must be operational to go into a hyper-jump. The hyperdrive battery is powered by two FT11 cells.
- Gun Rooms: The Battle I has 2 gun room(s), each gun room protrudes out of the ship slightly, and has 360 turn rotation. A gun room has enough space for one humanoid gunner, can be sealed off just outside its door, and has 40 HP. The first gun room is by default on bottom of the ship, second is on the top, third and fourth on each side.
- Docks: The Battle I has 3, which are large air-lock doors with little space in-between, that connect to a cargo hold; a dock has 40 HP.
- Cargo Rooms: The Battle I has 4 cargo rooms with a volume of 10x5x10 (LxWxH). At least two rooms are generally next to each other, the divider between the two rooms can be removed, to make the dimensions 10x10x10; cargo rooms are too internal to be directly targeted.
- Loads: A light load is ≤30, medium 30–60, and max is 90 tons, total for the ship (not per room).
Battle II and III Upgrades: The following features only Battle II and III possess:
- Omnivision: A Battle II and III have the ability to impart extra vision modes to pilots (treat like omnigoggles). It requires a standard action to switch between types of vision.
- Increased Shields: A Battle II and III have bonuses to their energy shield from added weapon system bonuses.
- Battle II:
- More Guns: Has one more FT25 and FT28.
- More Space: Has 3 docks (total); and docks have 50 HP.
- Cargo Rooms: The Battle II has 6 cargo rooms with a volume of 10x5x10 (LxWxH). At least two rooms are generally next to each other, the divider between the two rooms can be removed, to make the dimensions 10x10x10; cargo rooms are too internal to be directly targeted.
- Loads: A light load is ≤60, medium 60–120, and max is 180, total for the ship (not per room).
- Battle III:
- More Guns: has two more FT25s, one more FT28 and a FT29.
- More Space: Has 4 docks (total); and docks have 60 HP.
- Cargo Rooms: The Battle III has 8 cargo rooms with a volume of 10x10x15 (LxWxH). At least two rooms are generally next to each other, the divider between the two rooms can be removed, to make the dimensions 10x20x15; cargo rooms are too internal to be directly targeted.
- Loads: A light load is ≤150, medium 150–300, and max is 450, total for the ship (not per room).
|Alignment||True Neutral +|
|Author||Franken Kesey +|
|Challenge Rating||15 +, 20 + and 25 +|
|Costs||90,000(I), 150,000(II), 200,000(III) +|
|Identifier||3.5e Monster +|
|Level Adjustment||— +|
|Size||Neo-Colossal(60x30x20/120 tons) +, Deka(120x60x30/360 tons) + and Hecto(300x150x100/1200 tons) +|
|Subtype||Vehicle + and Siege +|
|Summary||Powerful battleships with many offensive and siege options. +|
|Title||Battle Ship +|