Hairbinder, Variant (3.5e Class)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
Spontaneous Arcane Spellcasting Partial
A strange and unusual ritual of old allowed the binding of powerful spirits into other living beings, leading to special kinds of warlock and sorcerers to exist, not relying upon their own bloodline but drawing powers from the spirit within. A variant of such people exist in the from of hairbinders, who have powerful spirits of such kind bound within their hairs.
They may be created accidentally after activating a powerful cursed artifact, willingly through performing unclear and arcane rite or even just inherited the spirit as one of their older family member dies. The ways to make an hairbinder are many, but they are themselves very very rare and their ability similarly unique.
Making a Hairbinder
Abilities: Charisma is used for the hairbinder's supernatural abilities, but Constitution is important to everyone and Strength or Dexterity can be used for those wishing to engage in the more fighting aspects of the class.
Starting Gold: 5d4×10 gp (125 gp).
|Saving Throws||Special||Spells per Day|
|1st||+0||+0||+2||+2||Cantrips, Hair Lash, Hair Style (1), Minor Styling, Spirit Bond||∞||1||—||—||—||—||—|
|2nd||+1||+0||+3||+3||Parrying Locks, Prehensile Hairs||∞||2||—||—||—||—||—|
|3rd||+2||+1||+3||+3||Grapple Mastery, Hair Style (2), Learned Hair Style (1)||∞||3||—||—||—||—||—|
|6th||+4||+2||+5||+5||Hair Lash (+5 ft reach, hookshot), Hair Style (3)||∞||4||3||—||—||—||—|
|7th||+5||+2||+5||+5||Learned Hair Style (2), Supernatural Entanglement||∞||4||3||1||—||—||—|
|8th||+6||+2||+6||+6||Improved Hair Style, Spirit Power||∞||4||4||2||—||—||—|
|9th||+6||+3||+6||+6||Hair Style (4), Chocking Hazard||∞||5||4||3||—||—||—|
|10th||+7||+3||+7||+7||Hair Lash (+10 ft reach, no provoking)||∞||5||4||3||1||—||—|
|11th||+8||+3||+7||+7||Learned Hair Style (3)||∞||5||4||4||2||—||—|
|12th||+9||+4||+8||+8||Hair Style (5), Spirit Power||∞||5||5||4||3||—||—|
|14th||+10||+4||+9||+9||Hair Lash (+15 ft reach, invulnerable hair)||∞||5||5||4||4||2||—|
|15th||+11||+5||+9||+9||Hair Style (6), Learned Hair Style (4), Timeless Body||∞||5||5||5||4||3||—|
|16th||+12||+5||+10||+10||Greater Hair Style, Spirit Power||∞||5||5||5||4||3||1|
|18th||+13||+6||+11||+11||Hair Style (7), Hair Lash (+20 ft reach, artifact)||∞||5||5||5||5||4||3|
|19th||+14||+6||+11||+11||Learned Hair Style (5)||∞||5||5||5||5||5||4|
|20th||+15||+6||+12||+12||Spirit Apotheosis, Spirit Power||∞||5||5||5||5||5||5|
Class Skills (4 + Int modifier per level, ×4 at 1st level)
All of the following are class features of the hairbinder.
Weapon and Armor Proficiency: A hairbinder is proficient with all simple weapons, plus any martial weapons subject to weapon finesse, and whips. Hairbinders are also proficient with light armor, but not shields. A hairbinder can cast hairbinder spells while wearing light armor and using a shield without incurring the normal arcane spell failure chance. Like any other arcane spellcaster, a hairbinder wearing medium or heavy armor incurs a chance of arcane spell failure if the spell in question has a somatic component. A multiclass Hairbinder still incurs the normal arcane spell failure chance for arcane spells received from other classes.
Spells: A hairbinder casts arcane spells drawn from the hairbinder spell list. She can cast any spell she knows without preparing it ahead of time. To learn or cast a spell, a hairbinder must have a Charisma score equal to at least 10 + the spell level. The Difficulty Class (DC) for a saving throw against a hairbinder's spell is 10 + the spell level + the hairbinder’s Charisma modifier.
Like other spellcasters, a hairbinder can cast only a certain number of spells of each spell level per day. Her base daily spell allotment is given on Table: The Hairbinder. In addition, she receives bonus spells per day if he has a high Charisma score.
The hairbinder's selection of spells is extremely limited. A hairbinder begins play knowing four 0-level spells and two 1st-level spells of the hairbinder's choice. At each new hairbinder level, she gains one or more new spells, as indicated on Table: Hairbinder Spells Known. (Unlike spells per day, the number of spells a hairbinder knows is not affected by her Charisma score (See Table: Ability Modifiers and Bonus Spells).
Each level a hairbinder can choose to learn a new spell in place of one she already knows. In effect, the hairbinder “loses” the old spell in exchange for the new one. The new spell’s level must be the same as that of the spell being exchanged, and it must be at least one level lower than the highest-level hairbinder spell the hairbinder can cast. A hairbinder may swap only a single spell at any given level, and must choose whether or not to swap the spell at the same time that he gains new spells known for the level.
A hairbinder need not prepare his spells in advance. He can cast any spell he knows at any time, assuming he has not yet used up his allotment of spells per day for the spell’s level. Since her spellcasting is extremely specialized, it is not affected by the Ascended Progression feat.
Hairbinders choose their spells from the following list as well as the homebrew Hairbinder spell list:
1st—aspect of the wolfSpC, bel's ambush, benign transpositionSpC, branch to branchSpC, comprehend languages, detect alignment, detect power level, devilish spew, disguise self, endure elements, entangle, feather fall, jump, kiden's harassing spirit, mage armor, magic missile, magic weapon, mount, nerveskitterSpC, protection from alignment, retort, shield, silverbeardSpC, true strike, unseen servant, withstand energy.
2nd—alhazarde lance, alhazarde's sword, alter self, arcane lock, arcane sight, avoid planar effectsSpC, baleful transpositionSpC, battering ramSpC, blacklight, blur, briar webSpC, combustSpC, dark waySpC, daylight, dispel magic, divine mount, false gravitySpC, false life, fearsome grappleSpC, fire wingsSpC, gaseous form, greater mage armorSpC, heroism, illusory script, keen edge, knock, locate object, magic circle against alignment, manyjawsSpC, mirror image, mountain stanceSpC, obscure object, protection from arrows, resist energy, ring of bladesSpC, rope trick, scan, secret page, see invisibility, shadow spraySpC, shatter, slapping handSpC, spider climb, tongues, voodoo doll, water breathing, web, whispering wind.
3rd—anticipate teleportSpC, armor of darknessSpC, arrow stormSpC, assay spell resistanceSpC, attune formSpC, bands of steelSpC, black tentacles, blade stormSpC, blink, detect scryingSpC, dimension door, dimensional anchor, dismissal, displacement, entangling staffSpC, flame arrow,SpC flame whipsSpC, flight of the dragonSpC, force clawSpC, ghostly chant, greater endure elementsSpC, greater magic weapon, haste, interposing hand, kelpstrandSpC, knight's moveSpC, lesser planar binding, life lockSpC, locate creature, mage's faithful hound, magic vestment, mass resist energySpC, phantom steed, poison vinesSpC, polymorph, protection from energy, resilient sphere, secret chest, scrying, sending, shadow bindingSpC, shrink item, slow, stoneskin, telepathic bond, wasp rider.
4th—analyse dweomer, antimagic field, aspect of the earth hunterSpC, baleful polymorph, contact other plane, forceful hand, greater anticipate teleportationSpC, greater blinkSpC,greater dispel magic, greater heroism, gutsnakeSpC, planar binding, shadow handSpC, shadowy grapplerSpC, spell dampen, spell resistance, true seeing.
6th—black blade of disasterSpC, clenched fist, dimensional lock, discern location, fist of god, foresight, greater planar binding, hyperbite, iron body, limited wish, protection from spells, meteor swarm, mind blank, moment of prescience, steal life, suddenly phantom train.
Cantrips: Hairbinder's learn a number of cantrips, or 0-level spells, as noted on Table: Hairbinder Spells Known under "Spells Known." These spells are cast like any other spell, but they do not consume any slots and may be used again.
Simple Two-Handed Melee
|Type3:||Slashing and Piercing and Bludgeoning|
|HP4:||Twice Class Level|
1. See Damage Increases by Size to calculate the damage for a weapon larger than Medium or smaller than Small.
2. Weight figures are for Medium weapons. A Small weapon weighs half as much, and a Large weapon weighs twice as much.
3. When two types are given, the weapon is both types if the entry specifies "and", either type (player's choice at time of attack) if the entry specifies "or", or each end of the double weapon is a different type if the entry specifies "/".
4. The hp value given is for Medium armor, weapons, and shields. Divide by 2 for each size category of the item smaller than Medium, or multiply it by 2 for each size category larger than Medium.
The hair lash has the reach and mechanics of a whip and feats which work with a whip work with it, however it provoke attack of opportunity when used in melee. The hair lash is a finessable weapon, additionally if the hairbinder possess the Weapon Finesse feat she may use her Dexterity instead of her Strength on damage rolls. As normal for feral strike, your hair lash may be enhanced as a manufactured weapon, additionally it may be given material properties at the same price as a manufactured weapon. Unlike a normal feral strike, if their hair lash is sundered it regrow within 1d4 rounds and is restored at full hit points. As the hairbinder gains levels, their hair lash improve:
At 6th level, the reach of their hair lash increases by +5 ft. In addition, you may use your hair lash as a mean of transportation. As a swift action you may anchor yourself to an object or terrain with range, then as a move action you may pull yourself to that anchored point, landing in the nearest empty adjacent square. This 'hookshot' is treated as a ranged attack, with a range increment equal to your hair lash reach. While anchored you may not use your hair lash as a weapon, it become un-anchored as soon as you pull yourself or as a free action without moving.
At 10th level, the reach of their hair lash increases by a total of +10 ft, and it no longer provokes for attacking in melee.
At 14th level, the reach of their hair lash increases by a total of +15 ft. Your hair can no longer take damage, cannot be severed, and can hold an unlimited amount of weight (though your neck might not).
At 18th level, the reach of their hair lash increases by a total of +20 ft. Your hair is now considered an artifact, and does not shut down in an antimagic field.
Hair Style: Hairbinders learn to do many hair styles, and actually dress up their hair in predetermined patterns ahead of time. Taking an hour to style one's hair after 8 hours of rest, they can fill their available slots with any hair style. This is known as preparing a hair style. Hair styles act not unlike an initiator's stances. You may have only one hair style active at a time, and shift between them as a swift action to a different prepared hair style. You gain a hair style slot at 1st, 3rd and every 3 levels beyond (6th, 9th, 12th etc).
When you prepare an hairstyle you may prepare the greater and improved version if you qualify for them, much like the basic version these take an additional slot of prepare. Unlike a basic hair style however you gain all the bonus granted by an improved or greater version of an hairstyle as long as you are currently using that hairstyle and you have the version prepared. You do not need to change between the improved, greater and basic version of an hair style.
The hair styles usually visibly change the hairbinder's hairstyle or add supernatural details to it, allowing a character with ranks in Knowledge (The Plane) or in Profession (Hairdresser) to identify which hair style is being used with DC 20 check. A hairbinder choose her hair styles from the following list:
Awaken Hair (Ex): You awaken the bound spirit in your hair, letting it act as its own semi-aware creature. It can make perception checks (using your listen and spot scores) for you, and sees 360 degrees around.
- Awaken Hair, Improved (Ex): Your hairs aid you when making attacks of opportunity, you gain the benefits of Combat Reflexes except you may use your Charisma to determine the number of extra attacks of opportunity you make in a round. Additionally once per round when you take an attack of opportunity you may make an extra hair lash attack, consuming an additional attack of opportunity for the round. Requires Awaken Hair, minimum level 8th.
- Awaken Hair, Greater (Ex): Your hairs can make an attack with the hair lash at your highest attack bonus as a free action once per round. Requires Improved Awaken Hair, minimum level 16th.
Beehive Hairdo (Su): You lose your hair lash attack, instead gaining the ability to project a diminutive swarm within twice it range as a standard action. The swarm deal damage equal to your hair lash + your Charisma modifier and do not possess the distraction ability. It can be attacked as a swarm, using your AC and having 10 hit points + your class level. The swarm occupy a 10-ft. square and can be moved 10 feet as a free action during your turn once per round.
If you swarm is destroyed you may project another as a standard action. You may only have a single swarm at any time, if you project another the previous swarm vanish. Similarly if you switch hair style the swarm vanish.
- Beehive Hairdo, Improved (Su): You may project now project a number of swarms equal to your Charisma modifier, multiple swarms in a space overlap, they do not stack. You swarm now possess the distraction ability, with a DC of 8 + 1/2 class level + your Charisma modifier. Requires Beehive, minimum level 8th.
- Beehive Hairdo, Greater (Su): You may now project a swarm as a free action once per round or any number of swarm (up to your limit) as a standard action. Requires Improved Beehive Hairdo, minimum level 16th.
- Feather Dreads, Improved (Su): You gain a fly speed equal to twice your land speed (average maneuverability). Requires Feather Dreads, minimum level 8th.
Flowing Locks (Ex): Whenever you are missed with an attack, you may take a free 5 ft step which does not count towards your 5 ft step for the round.
- Flowing Locks, Improved (Ex): Your free 5 ft steps may become 10 ft steps. Alternatively you can choose not to take your 10 ft step, and instead take an attack of opportunity once per round (regardless how many attacks of opportunity you have). Requires Flowing Locks, minimum level 8th.
- Flowing Locks, Greater (Ex): Your free 10 ft steps may become 15 ft steps. In addition you are no longer limited to once per round on your attacks of opportunity from Flowing Locks. Requires Improved Feather Dreads, minimum level 16th.
Go Bald (Su): When you enter this hair style, you may choose a target within 60 ft. The bright flash of your shiny head forces them to make a Will save (DC 10 + 1/2 HD + Cha modifier) or have them go blind for 1d4 rounds. They are instead dazzled for 1 round on a successful save. Because this occurs when you enter a style, you can do this every other round. Whenever you are bald, you lose access to your hair lash but can force another save against blinding as a standard action.
- Go Bald, Improved (Su): You can now choose to blind everyone within a 30 ft radius, centered on yourself. In addition, if you are under a status effect which had a saving throw to resist and you go bald, you gain another saving throw against a single effect in order to end it. You may only attempt to end a status effect like this once per effect. Requires Go Bald, minimum level 8th.
- Go Bald, Greater (Su): The blinding effect now lasts 5 rounds, and you may extend it up to a 60 ft radius. When you attempt to end a status effect by shedding your hair, you now gain a +6 bonus on the new saving throw. Requires Flowing Locks, minimum level 16th.
Infinite Locks (Su): Increase the reach of your hair lash by 5 ft. Additionally you may use your hair lash as a ranged weapon, with a range equal to twice your reach. This new attacks follow all the rule for a normal ranged attack and benefit as if you had the Sharpshooter feat. The range of your hair lash's hookshot is doubled.
- Infinite Locks, Improved (Su): You gain the benefits of both Codex Sniper and Precise Shots (Variant) when using your Infinite Locks ranged attack. Requires Infinite Locks, minimum level 8th.
- Infinite Locks, Greater (Su): The range of your ranged attack and hookshot become infinite, although still limited by your sight. Requires Improved Infinite Locks, minimum level 16th.
Medusa's Snakes (Ex): You may poison your hair with a contact or injury poison as a free action, with no threat of poisoning yourself. Your hair takes on a snake-like appearance.
- Medusa's Snakes, Improved (Su): Your hair gains the wounding weapon enhancement for free, except it deals Dex damage and when you kill a creature or a creature's Dexterity becomes 0, you can choose to petrify them instead of killing them. Requires Medusa's Snakes, minimum level 8th.
- Medusa's Snakes, Greater (Su): As a standard action, you can gaze at a target within 60 ft and force them to make a Fortitude save (DC 10 + 1/2 HD + Cha modifier) or take 1d10 Dex damage. In addition the Dex damage from Improved Medusa's Snakes increases to 2 points per hit. Requires Improved Medusa's Snakes, minimum level 16th.
Morning Hairs (Su): Your Parrying Locks bonus become a dodge bonus to AC instead of shield. Any attempts to sunder your hairlash now suffer a 50% miss chance. Finally your hair lash now deal normal damage to swarms.
- Morning Hairs, Improved (Su): Whenever you attack with your hair lash you may attack two adjacent square instead of one. This can allow you to strike multiple creature, although it does not allow you to make two attacks against the same creature. Requires Morning Hairs, minimum level 8th.
- Morning Hairs, Greater (Su): If you land a confirmed critical hit with your hair lash, you may deal non-lethal damage and force the struck creature to make a Will save (DC 10 +1/2 class level + Charisma modifier) or fall asleep as the sleep spell with no HD limit. Requires Improved Morning Hairs, minimum level 16th.
Mummy Wraps (Ex): You gain a scaling armor bonus as your wrap your hair around yourself equal to 3 + 1/2 your class level. It counts as light or non-armor whenever beneficial with no Maximum Dex or armor class penalty, and may be enhanced (though it only applies when you have your hair as armor via this style). When in this style, your hair lash is 5 ft shorter than normal (minimum 5 ft).
- Mummy Wraps, Improved (Ex): Your hair gives you DR/adamantine equal to half your level. Requires Iron Hair, minimum level 8th.
Otherworldly Hair (Su): Your hair becomes ghost touch, and acts as a weapon of your appropriate alignment. For example, a chaotic good hairbinder would have their hair lash count as chaotic and good damage. If you are true neutral, you may select an alignment when you prepare this hair style.
- Otherworldly Hair, Improved (Su): You gain one of the appropriate alignment-bane enhancements according to your alignment (Holy, Unholy, Axiomatic, and Anarchic enhancements). Requires Otherworldly Hair, minimum level 8th.
- Otherworldly Hair, Greater (Su): Each time you strike an outsider with your hair lash, they must make a DC 20 Will save or be dismissed back to their home plane. If you are of an opposing alignment to an outsider on either one of the alignment axis, then you ignore the outsider's DR and resistances. Requires Improved Otherworldly Hair, minimum level 16th.
Protective Afro (Ex): Your hair lash provide the same protection as a great helm except that it may not be knocked off and do not make you suffer any penalties, additionally you gain you gain 25% fortification.
- Protective Afro, Improved (Ex): You may negate a single attack as an immediate action, however doing so sunder your hair lash (even if it would be otherwise indestructible). You may choose to use this ability after the damage roll of the attack is made, but before it is applied. You fortification increase to 75%.Requires Protective Afro, minimum level 8th.
Punkish Spikes (Ex): Your hair lash's reach is reduced by 5 feet and it deal piercing damage. Whenever a creature strike you with a natural or unarmed attack, or in a grapple with you automatically take damage as if it was struck by your hair lash. This can only happen at most once per round.
- Punkish Spikes, Improved (Ex): Your hair lash is so pointy it actually cause severe blood loss, each successful strike with it now deal 2 point of bleed. Requires Punkish Spikes, minimum level 8th.
Shape Hair (Ex): You may now form your hair lash into any weapon you are proficient with. This may allow you to wield two different two-handed weapons, one being your hair.
- Shape Hair, Improved (Su): You can make objects out of your hair as if using major creation, with the same casting time and duration. However everything is made of hair, with effectively 1 hardness instead of its normal hardness. Requires Shape Hair, minimum level 8th.
- Shape Hair, Greater (Su): The duration of your shape hair creations is now permanent, and they have the durability of the materials they are duplicating. Requires Improved Shape Hair, minimum level 16th.
Snatching Ponytail (Su): As a standard action, you can make an attack with your hair lash at twice it normal reach. When making this attack, if you have the Snatching Grip ability you can use it against creature of the same size or smaller than you and may use Improved Toss with it instead of Improved Grab.
- Snatching Ponytail, Improved (Su): When making a grapple attempt with your Snatching Grip ability, you reduce the penalty to not be considered grappled when using Improved Grab from -20 to -10. Requires Snatching Ponytail, minimum level 8th.
- Snatching Ponytail, Greater (Su): You may use the Snatching Ponytail ability as an attack instead of a standard action. Requires Improved Snatching Ponytail, minimum level 16th.
Spirit Hair (Ex): Your hair lash now may deal half physical damage and the other half purely magic damage which is not decreased by damage reduction.
- Spirit Hair, Improved (Su): Your hair lash's magical property allow it to ignore AC bonus granted by spells and supernatural abilities. Requires Spirit Hair, minimum level 8th.
Tangled Hair (Ex): When you grapple with your hair, you can silence the creature right away as if you had pinned them. The target must hold their breath while being grappled.
- Tangled Hair, Improved (Ex): When you pin a creature with your hair, you can choose to immobilize them in a knotty hairball. This leaves them pinned with your last grapple check, but you need not maintain the grapple. Requires Tangled Hair, minimum level 8th.
Twin Pigtails (Su): You can make an additional hair lash attack with a -5 penalty when making a full attack or a standard action attack. However, in this style you reduce the length of your hair lash reach by half (rounded down).
- Twin Pigtails, Improved (Su): The extra attack granted by twin pigtail is no longer made with any penalty. Requires Twin Pigtails, minimum level 8th.
- Twin Pigtails, Greater (Su): Once per encounter, as a full-attack action, you may make two full-attack instead of one. Requires Improved Twin Pigtails, minimum level 16th.
Weave Wave (Su): You can project your hair out in sharp threads, effectively giving yourself a physical breath weapon attack. You may project your hair in either a 15 ft cone or 30 ft line, dealing 1d8 points of slashing and piercing damage with a DC 10 + 1/2 HD + Cha modifier Reflex save for half. At 3rd level and each odd level thereafter the damage increase by 1d8. You may use this once every 1d4 rounds. It counts as a breath weapon for the purposes of feats, spells, and abilities.
- Weave Wave, Improved (Su): You gain the benefit of the Entangling BreathRDr feat and you roll your breath weapon's recharge time twice, taking the lower result. The cone becomes 30 ft and the line 60 ft. Requires Weave Wave, minimum level 8th.
- Weave Wave, Greater (Su): The cooldown time of your weave wave is reduced to 1 round and the damage die of your breath weapon increases to 1d10. The cone becomes 60 ft and the line becomes 120 ft. Requires Improved Weave Wave, minimum level 16th.
Wolf Braids (Ex): You hair lash gain the Wolf's Trip ability, allowing you to make a free trip against creature you successfully strike with your hair lash. This can only be done once per round per creature.
- Wolf Braids, Improved (Ex): You count as threatening and flanking any creature threatened by an ally within the reach of your hair lash. Requires Wolf Braids, minimum level 8th.
- Wolf Braids, Greater (Ex): If you strike a flanked creature it count as flat-footed against all your attacks. Requires Improved Wolf Braids, minimum level 16th.
Minor Styling (Su): At will, the hairbinder can enact any number of hairstyle changes as a free action. This includes hair color, length, curliness, and styles. This minor shapeshifting ability gives the hairbinder a +4 bonus on Disguise checks, but no other mechanical effects.
Alternatively by reducing the reach of their hair lash by 5 ft., the hairbinder may create clothes out of her hairs. She may create any kind of nonmagical clothes but not any armor, she decide on the fabric, texture color and other detail of the clothing when it created. She may resume or discontinue this ability as a free action.
Spirit Bond: Hairbinders bind various spirits into their hair in order to produce the strange and magical effects with their hair abilities. The type of spirit gives you a host of different powers, as well as the archetype associates with the spirit. The type of spirit gives a series of bonus spells which are added to your spells known list for free. The archetype grants various scaling benefits. Choose one each from the list below.
Prehensile Hairs: A 2nd level hairbinder is capable of using her hairs like it was a pair of hands. She may use her hair lash to perform any task which both of her hands could accomplish at the reach of her hair lash with the exception of activating magic items or wielding a weapon.
Grapple Mastery: A 3rd level Hairbinder receive the Improved Grapple feat as a bonus feat. The hairbinder may use her class levels instead of base attack bonus for the purpose of calculating her grapple modifier. If she user her Dexterity on attack roll (such as Weapon Finesse) she may use it instead of Strength when Grappling.
Learned Hair Style: At 3rd, 7th and each 4 level thereafter the the Hairbinder permanently learn one of her Hair Style. She is no longer required to prepare it daily, and can simply call upon it whenever she wants. She may learn the Improved and Greater version of an hairstyle as well, as long as she qualify for them, or prepare those daily.
Supernatural Entanglement (Su): A 7th level hairbinder's spirit allow her to partially ignore freedom of movement on creatures she attempt to grapple. She may attempt to grapples creature under freedom of movement, however they gain a +8 bonus on their grapple check to escape or Escape Artist Skill.
Choking Hazard (Ex): At 9th level, you gain a form of death attack similar to the assassin, after successfully pinning a foe for at least 3 rounds you may force the creature to make a Fortitude save (DC 10 + 1/2 HD + Cha modifier) or die has it neck is broken or it horribly asphyxiate. If the save is successful you may try again once per round as long as you can maintain the pin.
Alternatively you may make the creature Unconcious for 1 hour instead of killing it. A creature which has multiple head or do not need it head to live AND do not need to breath is immune to this ability.
Spirit Possession (Su): A 13th level hairbinder's spirit now partially possess the hairbinder. While this may or may not have any effect on the hairbinder's personality, it grant her immunity to possession effect such as the magic jar spell.
Timeless Body (Ex): At 15th level, a hairbinder's link to the supernatural grants them eternal youth. A hairbinder no longer takes ability score penalties for aging and cannot be magically aged. Any penalties he may have already incurred, however, remain in place.
Tyrannical Grip (Su): A 17th level hairbinder can grapple creatures of any size and reduce any size bonus it receive against her as if it was only one size category larger than herself.
Spirit Apotheosis: At 20th level, the hairbinder's bond to its spirit in its hair changes them fundamentally. They become an Outsider with the Native subtype, though they may still count as a member of their original type when beneficial. They also gain DR 10/alignment, with one alignment chosen. Lastly, they may greater plane shift between their current plane and one outer plane which corresponds with their alignment at will.
Blaster: The blaster you deal an extra point of damage per die when she use a a spell or supernatural ability which deal damage. At 4th level, they gain +1 DC to any spell or supernatural abilities which deal hit point damage. At 8th level, you gain Sculpt Spell metamagic applied to your damaging spells and supernatural ability for free. At 12th level, deal an additional extra point of damage per die when she use a a spell or supernatural ability which deal damage, you also gain a +2 bonus on caster level for the purpose of bypassing spell resistance. At 16th, your damaging spells and supernatural abilities are no longer capped based on your caster level and at 20th, you may automatically bypass SR on spells which have saving throws. Your supernatural damaging abilities now function in anti-magic and through similar effect as if they were extraordinary.
Brawler: The hairbinder 's hit dice increase to d10, her Fortitude progression become Good, she gain the unarmed strike of a Monk and may apply their unarmed damage to their hair lash (if better). At 4th level, she gain flurry of blows as a Monk of her level, except she may only use her unarmed strike or her hair lash while flurrying. At 8th level, the hairbinder's hair lash automatically bypass DR except DR/- and DR/Alignment. At 12th level the hairbinder may take an attack of opportunity with her hair lash against any creature which miss her in melee. At 16th, the hairbinder may once per day as a standard action make a 'Quivering Lock' attack with her hair lash, which cause the struck creature to make a Fortitude save (DC 10 + 1/2 class level + her Charisma modifier) or die. The hairbinder do not lose her daily attempt if she miss the attack. Finally at 20th she gain DR/- instead of DR/Alignment from spirit apotheosis.
Hexer: The hairbinder can force the spirit within her hairs to inflict a horrible curse upon her foes. As a swift action she may hex a target within close range, allowing a Will save or else take a -2 penalty to attack rolls, saving throws and AC for 1 hour. A successful saving throw render the creature immune to further hexing attempt for 24 hours. At 4th level the hairbinder automatically bypass the DR and SR of an hexed creature. At 8th level the hairbinder's hair lash deal double damage against any hexed creature. At 12th level the penalties inflicted by the hex double to -4. At 16th level whenever a creature is hexed it also fall under a bestow curse effect and at 20th the hairbinder's hex now longer allow a saving throw if she deliver it as a touch attack with her hair lash.
Summoner: An hairbinder who take the path of the summoner gain Unseal Spirit as a bonus feat, the spirit is totally under the Summoner's control. At 4th level, you may concentrate on your summon as a move action and cast spells and use hair styles while concentrating. At 8th level, you gain a +4 AC bonus and 1 temporary hit point per class level while concentrating on your summon as you are protected by a carapace of hairs, these temporary hit point are restored at the start of each of your turn. At 12th level, you cannot lose focus on your summon if you are damaged. At 16th, you gain an automatic shield other with your summon at your choosing. And at 20th you may concentrate on your summon as a free action.
|Article Balance||Very High +|
|Author||Eiji-kun + and Leziad +|
|Class Ability||Spontaneous Arcane Spellcasting +|
|Class Ability Progression||Partial +|
|Cost||— gp +|
|Damage Type||Slashing +, Piercing + and Bludgeoning +|
|Hit Points||Twice Class Level +|
|Identifier||3.5e Class +|
|Minimum Level||1 +|
|Skill||Bluff +, Climb +, Concentration +, Craft +, Diplomacy +, Disguise +, Gather Information +, Intimidate +, Jump +, Knowledge +, Listen +, Perform +, Profession +, Sleight of Hand +, Spellcraft +, Spot +, Swim +, Tumble + and Use Rope +|
|Skill Points||4 +|
|Summary||This is a remake of the Hairbinder class by Eiji-kun. +|
|Title||Hairbinder, Variant +|