Binding Pact (3.5e Spell)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
|Components:||V, S, M|
|Casting time:||Ten minutes per pact member|
|Range:||Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)|
|Targets:||Up to ten sentient creatures, optionally the caster.|
Binding Pact creates a minor telepathic link between up to ten people. It is not strong enough to actually communicate with other pact members; however, everybody instantly knows when somebody is dying, or plans on harming a fellow pact member.
When somebody asks another to join in a pact, it is not an indication that either of them don't trust each other, it means that they want to solidify their partnership with each other.
- When targeted by Binding Pact, the target can accept or deny joining the pact. Before accepting, they are aware of all members invited into the pact.
- All members of the pact know the current status of all pact members (Alive, Dead, Dying; or in the case of nonliving creatures, Active, Destroyed)
- All members of the pact are alerted if a member plans to harm another member (not just thinking about harming another). This includes a member's cohort, but not a member's minions.
- When one of the pact members are in an Antimagic Field, they temporarily are disconnected from all pact members. Those outside of the Antimagic Field notice the disconnection. When the pact member is no longer in the Antimagic Field, they rejoin the pact, and all members in the pact are notified if the pact member used the time inside the Antimagic Field to plan against another pact member.
- The Binding Pact can only be dispelled with Mage's Disjunction, but all it does is force the target out of the pact, not eliminate the entire pact.
- A member can leave the pact at any time, and doing so notifies all remaining pact members.
- The spell must be recast if any creature is to be added; however, all preexisting members must consent.
- A creature can only be part of one pact at any one time.
Material Component: 100 gold per pact member. If upgrading a Binding Pact, preexisting members only cost 10 gold.
|Author||The Dire Reverend +|
|Component||V +, S + and M +|
|Identifier||3.5e Spell +|
|Level||Cleric 3 +|
|Summary||Create a magical alliance between sentient creatures that informs all pact members when you defect, or die. +|
|Title||Binding Pact +|