Elven Nymph (3.5e Race)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
The High Elves and the Nymph have long been allies and defenders of the woodlands and all of the creatures that inhabit them. Working so closely it is very common for an Elf (often a druid) to fall in love with a Nymph and during such unions a Elven Nymph is created.
|“||As I stood there she came out of the woods, with her silky sunrise-gold hair. Her eyes shining like a lone star on a night sky. She was the most lusciously beautiful woman I have ever seen. Mere words cannot describe how beautiful she was.||”|
|—Eddyn Barthom, Human Explorer|
Elven Nymphs are a great blend of their respective parent races. They have Elven grace without Elven aloofness and a Nymph's kindness and reverence of nature without the Nymph's wild and mercurial temper. Elven Nymph's have naturally big hearts and empathize easily with others, and hate to see others oppressed. They naturally love nature and animals and feel more at home outdoors in nature or in smaller towns than in the heart of a big city. Elven Nymph's are very curious creatures who enjoy travelling and seeing the beauty in nature. Woodland creatures are naturally attracted to an Elven Nymph and trust her much like they would an actual Nymph. Elven Nymphs are not normally greedy, preferring trinkets, gadgets or collecting gems/jewelry to actual gold. If they do get gold they prefer to spend it on such things that make them happy, rather than collecting the gold for the sake of accumulating wealth to become rich.
Elven Nymphs are hauntingly beautiful beyond words. They possess a level of unearthly grace and fine features that makes them an even more ideal and perfect embodiment and representation of humanoid beauty than either of their parent races. In an odd genetic trait most Elven Nymphs are born female and while there are male Elven Nymphs this is exceedingly rare. An Elven Nymph's is physically very similar to Elves in that they are short and slim, but Elven Nymphs have much fuller breasts than female Elves generally do. Elven Nymphs are slightly taller than normal Elves standing from just shy of 5 feet, to just shy of 6 feet tall, with females being slightly taller but around same weight as than males. The average Elven Nymph's around 5'5" to 5'9" tall. An Elven Nymph has excellent metabolism and they are rarely ever overweight, typically weighing 110 - 125 lbs. They have naturally perfect and blemish free skin that is usually pale to olive in color. They have no body hair, full voluptuous lips and long, swept back ears. They have large bright eyes which are usually a vibrant and vivid shade of green or blue. They have long, soft, silky hair that comes in a diverse number of hair colors, with most common being a natural blond. Other hair colors can include a dark natural red, a soft green or light brown/copper shades with black being the least common.
Elven Nymphs get along excellently with Elves, Half-Elves and Nymphs, and get along good with most Humans and Druids as well. They share in a Halfling's curious nature, but not their propensity for getting into trouble. They share a common interest in animals with Gnomes and like their sense of humor. They generally finds Dwarves to be too serious and a little greedy, and Half-Orcs to be a bit brutish. Overall, regardless of race, an Elven Nymph's tend to care much more about an individuals actions and behavior, specifically how the treat the Elven Nymph themselves and how they treat nature, than their actual race.
On the law-chaos axis almost all Elven Nymphs lean strongly towards the chaotic end like both their Elven and Nymph parents do as well. Some Elven Nymphs are neutral in this regard, and while it is possible for an Elven Nymph to be lawful, that is a very rare case. On the good-evil axis most all Elven Nymph are most often good like their Nymph blood draws them to be, with a few being neutral as well. An evil Elven Nymph would be a frightful one in a million scenario. A lawful evil Elven Nymph would be next to impossible.
Elven Nymph have no lands of their own, but because of their beauty and kindness, they are always welcomed wherever they go. They live most commonly in Elven lands, but can also be found in smaller Human towns and cities. On rare occasion they will live at a Nymph pool, but this is usually when they were raised by their Nymph parent. Unlike Half-Nymphs, because Elven Nymphs are of the Fey type the Nymph parent is more welcoming of the Elven Nymph and more likely to raise her if the situation required it.
Elven Nymphs are most often drawn to worship Ehlonna regardless of if they end up as a druid, fighter or wizard. Those that don't outright worship Ehlonna will usually at least revere Ehlonna to some degree. Those that worship other deities may worship Obad-hai or other deities of nature or those raised in Elven communities may worship or even revere Corellon Larethian, even if they normally worship Ehlonna.
Elven Nymphs do not have any language of their own, but they do commonly learn the languages of either or both of their parents while growing up. All Elven Nymphs generally learn Common and then depending on their living situation growing up, they also generally learn either Elven and/or Sylvan. For example a Elven Nymph raised by his Elf father as in a Elven city would learn Common and Elven. But a Elven Nymph raised by a Nymph mother entirely in a Nymph glade never seeing an Elf might not learn Elven, she may only learn Common and Sylvan. Where as a Elven Nymph raised with both parents might learn all 3; Common, Elven and Sylvan. A Elven Nymph raised in a Elven city does not have to have the influence of the Nymph parent to learn Sylvan, that just makes it more likely that they would.
Elven Nymph names are commonly given to them by one of their parents, more commonly their Elven parent, and as such are generally named using common Elven naming conventions. On rare occasion an Elven Nymph raised with their Nymph parent might be given a Nymph name from their Nymph parent.
Elven Nymph Racial Traits
- +2 Dexterity, –2 Constitution, +4 Charisma The Elven Nymph are nimble and frail like their Elf parent and have an uncanny beauty that is an exquisite blend of both her Elf and Nymph lineage.
- Fey (Elf) An Elven Nymph's body is more like it's Nymph parent than it's Elven parent, and they are considered fey.
- Medium: Elven Nymph are Medium creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Elven Nymph base land speed is 30 feet.
- Low-Light Vision: A Elven Nymph can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. She retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- Immunity to sleep spells and similar magical effects, and a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against enchantment spells or effects.
- A Elven Nymph senses are just as keen as her Elf parent and she receives a +2 racial bonus on Listen, Search, and Spot checks. A Elven Nymph who merely passes within 5 feet of a secret or concealed door is entitled to a Search check to notice it as if she were actively looking for it.
- +4 racial bonus on all Swim checks. An Elven Nymph is just as at home in the water as a Nymph and an Elven Nymph can always take 10 on swim checks even if stress or distractions would normally prevent it.
- Fascinating Beauty (Ex): This ability affects all humanoids within 30 feet of an Elven Nymph. Those who look directly at her must succeed on a Fortitude save (DC 10 + ½ her character level + her Charisma modifier) or be fascinated for 1 round and then dazzled for the duration of the encounter. An Elven Nymph can suppress or resume this ability as a free action. Anyone who successfully makes a save against the Elven Nymph's fascinating beauty are immune to it's effects for 24 hours.
- Unearthly Grace (Su): An Elven Nymph's natural beauty makes it hard for others to act against her. She gains a +1 bonus to all saving throws and a +1 deflection bonus to armor class.
- Add +1 to the Difficulty Class for all saving throws against enchantment spells cast by an Elven Nymph. Their innate familiarity with magic like Elves and their naturally charming demeanor make their enchantments more difficult to resist. This adjustment stacks with those from similar effects such as the Spell Focus feat.
- Elf Blood: For all effects related to race, a Elven Nymph is considered an Elf. Elven Nymph for example are just as vulnerable to special effects that affect Elves as their Elf ancestors are, and they can use magic items that are only usable by Elves. (See the Players Handbook for more information on Elves, and the Dungeon Master's Guide for more information on magic items).
- Automatic Languages: Common, Elven and Sylvan.
- Bonus Languages: Aquan, Auran, Draconic, Ignan, Terran.
- Favored Class: Druid. A multiclass Elven Nymph's Druid class does not count when determining whether she takes an experience point penalty for multiclassing.
- Level Adjustment: 1
- Effective Character Level: 2
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|175 years||263 years||350 years||+4d% years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4' 5"||+3d6||75 lb.||× (1d6) lb.|
|Female||4' 6"||+3d6||75 lb.||× (1d6) lb.|
|Effective Character Level||2 +|
|Favored Class||Druid +|
|Identifier||3.5e Race +|
|Level Adjustment||1 +|
|Racial Ability Adjustments||+2 Dexterity +, –2 Constitution + and +4 Charisma +|
|Rated By||Franken Kesey +|
|Rating||Rating Pending +|
|Summary||The child of a Nymph and an Elf. The Elven Nymph is hauntingly beautiful beyond words, even more beautiful than either of their parent races. +|
|Title||Elven Nymph +|